Mill Creek College Cabin
Welcome to the Whitman Mill Creek College Cabin! Located just 25 miles from Whitman, this facility is available for short-term use by Whitman students, faculty and staff. The cabin has two bedrooms, each containing 2 bunk beds comfortably sleeping eight people. The kitchen is stocked with plates, cups, pots, pans and cooking utnesils. There is a small bathroom and a spacious living room. Weather permitting, cabin users may have a fire in the outdoor fire pit or inside using the wood stove-firewood is available in the wood shed next to the cabin. Experience a relaxing stay at the beautiful Mill Creek Cabin!
To reserve the college cabin, please call Jessica Ruiz in the Reid Campus Center at 509-527-5208 or email email@example.com. The cost to use the Mill Creek College Cabin is $50 per night. There is also a one week advance notice cancellation policy.
Whitman College Mill Creek Cabin
84686 Neotoma Lane, Walla Walla, WA 99362
Mill Creek College Cabin Links:
Due to the fact that the Mill Creek College Cabin is located approximately 25 miles from the closest medical facility and the winding, gravel roads make for hazardous driving conditions; Whitman College requires that all users of the cabin agree to the following:
- There will be NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES or ILLEGAL DRUG use at the Whitman College Cabin. Individuals and/or groups who violate this policy will be denied future use of the facility and will receive a minimum $250.00 fine.
- There will be NO FIREARMS, EXPLOSIVES and OTHER DANGEROUS WEAPONS (including archery) permitted at the College Cabin. Individuals and/or groups who violate this policy will be denied future use of the facility. Neighbors of the College Cabin have been instructed to call the Sheriff's Department if they hear gunshots.
Before leaving the cabin, the following items must be completed and/or cleaned
or a fee will be applied to the reserving group/individual.
_____ Vacuum all carpets.
_____ Sweep and mop all floors.
_____ Remove all trash and replace liners in kitchen and bathroom garbage cans.
_____ Wipe down countertops and cupboards throughout the cabin.
_____ Clean out the refrigerator but DO NOT turn it off.
_____ Turn off the oven and all burners on the kitchen stove.
_____ Close the wood stove up tight.
_____ Close and lock all windows/shutters.
_____ Turn all wall heaters down to the marks indicated.
_____ Remove all garbage from the premise.
_____ Turn out all the lights.
_____ Lock both the front and back door
_____ If you use the grill, clean it out.
_____ If you use the fire pit, be sure the fire is out and unburned trash is removed.
If you need assistance while at the Cabin, please contact Whitman Security at (509) 527-5777. Security will either assist you or will contact other available on-campus resources as appropriate. If it is a medical emergency, always contact 911 before contacting Whitman Security
Please report any other problems/maintenance issues/concerns regarding the cabin to the Conferences & Events Office when you return the keys.
The College Cabin is 14.1 miles from the Tausick Way/Isaacs Street intersection. Go east on Isaacs Street and it turns into Mill Creek Road. You remain on Mill Creek Road until you turn right onto Neotoma Lane, on which the College Cabin is located.
There are two forks in the road you have to negotiate when locating the College Cabin. The first one is 2.5 miles from the Tausick Way/Isaacs Street intersection. Stay to the left and go over the hill to remain on Mill Creek Road -do not take the lower fork, which is 5 Mile Road.
The second fork in the road is 7 miles from the Tausick Way/Isaacs Street intersection. Stay to the right and take the lower fork to remain on Mill Creek Road-do not go to the left and up the hill, as this is Blue Creek Road.
At 11.9 miles from the Tausick Way/Isaacs Street intersection, the pavement will stop and you will be driving on a gravel road (Oregon border). At this point, you are only 2.2 miles away from the College Cabin. After driving 1.6 miles on the gravel road, you will see a sign on your left that states, "Klicker Homestead." Neotoma Lane is at the bottom of an "S" curve and is on your right. Turn onto Neotoma Lane and you will see a locked gate. At this point, the College Cabin is at the end of this road. You will pass several other cabins before you arrive at the College cabin. Stay to the left and you will drive over a covered bridge. At this point the road is very winding- please drive slowly and carefully. When you come to a fork in the road, stay to the right and you will pull up directly in front of the Cabin. The College Cabin has an aluminum roof.
PLEASE NOTE: If you need assistance while at the Cabin, please contact Whitman Security at (509) 527-5777. Security can assist you or can contact other available on-campus resources as appropriate. If it is a medical emergency, always contact 911 before contacting Whitman Security.
Updated: July 2015
- 12 Sectional Lounge Chairs
- 12 Plastic Chairs
- 2 End Tables
- 8 Bunk Beds
- 8 Mattresses
- 8 Mattress Covers
- 1 Table Lamp
- 1 Airtight Wood Stove
- 1 Outdoor Picnic Table (do not move)
- 1 Outdoor Weber Grill (provide & remove your own charcoal/lighter fluid)
- 1 Refrigerator
- 1 Electric Stove
- 1 Electric Can Opener
- 1 Electric 2-slice Toaster
- 1 Electric Coffeepot
- 1 Microwave
- 1 Double Sink
- 21 Plates
- 23 Cereal/Salad Bowls
- 25 Plastic Drinking Glasses
- 11 Coffee Mugs
- Silverware for 28
- 4-piece Mixing Bowl Set
- 2 Plastic Salad Bowls
- 1 5-qt. Stainless Steel Colander
- 3 Juice Pitchers
- 3 Cheese Graters
- Large/Small Kitchen Knives
- Assorted Cooking Utensils
- 1 Lemon Juicer
- 1 Measuring Cup Set
- 3 Measuring Spoon Sets
- 1 12-qt. Cooking Kettle*
- 3 Sauce/Cooking Pans *
- 1 Cookie Sheet*
- 1 Brownie Pan*
- 1 Casserole/Baking Pan*
- 1 Muffin Tin*
- 3 Frying Pans*
- 1 Oven Broiler/Roasting Pan*
- 1 Tea Kettle*
- 1 Cast Iron Skillet*
- 3 Cutting Boards
*Please DO NOT use cooking pots/pans in the fire pit or on the grill!
- 1 Vacuum cleaner
- 1 Mop w/bucket
- 1 Broom w/dustpan
- 1 Commode brush
- Commode plunger
- Assorted cleaning supplies
- 2 Fire Extinguishers
- 1 30-gallon Garbage Barrel
- Toilet Paper/Paper Hand Towels
- First Aid Kit/Gloves (in kitchen)
- Trash Bags
- Bathroom Hand Soap
- Light bulbs
- Vacuum Liner Bags
- Aluminum Foil
- Pot Holders/Oven Mitts
- Coffee Filters
Please contact the Conferences & Events Office for reservation information (527-5366). The following is current information in regard to the College Cabin rental policy. The College Cabin is rented on a first come; first serve basis.
- KEYS MUST BE PICKED UP DURING OFFICE HOURS FROM REID CAMPUS CENTER, room 202—No exceptions. Office hours are: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- College Cabin rental fees are $50.00 per night. The rental period is from 1:00 p.m. to 12:00 noon the following day.
- There will be NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, ILLEGAL DRUG or FIREARM use at the Whitman College Mill Creek Cabin. Individuals and/or groups who violate this policy will be denied future use of the facility and be referred to the Student Conduct Administrator for conduct action.
- Please remember that the College Cabin has neighbors and that you need to be respectful of them. This means keeping the volume down on your activities and using care when driving past their property.
- If you need assistance while at the Cabin, please contact Whitman Security at (509) 527-5777. Security can assist you or can contact other available on-campus resources as appropriate. If it is a medical emergency, always contact 911 before contacting Whitman Security.
- Sweep and vacuum before you leave. Wipe out the refrigerator and clean the stovetop, oven, counter tops and cupboards. Please leave the cabin as you would want to find it.
- Do not leave any food on the premises. If you haul it in, you need to haul it out.
- Remove all garbage from the premises, and dispose of it in a trash can when you return to Walla Walla.
- Please turn off all lights and turn down heat prior to leaving. Turn off oven and all burners on the stove. Lock and shutter all windows and lock both doors. Report any problems to the Conferences & Events Office.
- There are a limited number of cooking and serving supplies. Please refer to the inventory list and if you will need additional items, plan to bring your own. If you use the grill, you will need to provide your own charcoal/lighter fluid.
- You must provide your own bedding and pillows; mattresses and mattress covers are provided. Please do not remove the mattresses from the beds.
- When the weather is extremely dry, refrain from starting fires—both inside and outside. Be very careful with all smoking materials
- Payment must be made at the time you pick up the keys. You may pay by check, cash or provide the appropriate account code by which the rental fee can be billed at the time you pick up the keys.
- Cancellations must be made ONE WEEK in advance, or charges will be applied. If you allow another group to use your reservation, please contact the Conferences & Events Office to update the rental record