Our campus has a definite spirit.
When you visit, any time of year, you'll feel it. The sense of place in the architecture, the people, and the interaction. We invite you to campus to be an honorary Whittie for a day. Stay overnight in a residence hall, eat your meals with current students, and visit a class. We recommend a half day visit to campus so you can explore and discover what Whitman has to offer.
- Please list the date/time you will arrive on campus ready for activities, plus your departure time, as we arrange your schedule based on the information you provide.
- We do our best to accommodate requested activities. If we cannot accommodate an activity, we will let you know and try to arrange a replacement when possible.
- Visit requests are processed in order of the visit date. You can expect a confirmation email at least a week before your visit, which will include details on where and when to check in. You will receive your full schedule and visit packet upon checking in.
- April visitors may experience longer wait times for confirmation emails as this is our busiest month of the year. Please feel free to call if you haven’t received your confirmation email one week prior to your visit.
- Please let us know in advance if you need assistance with any mobility issues. Contact the Visit Coordinator at email@example.com or 509-527-5176.
Traveling Here / Arrival:
- Check the weather before you arrive on campus – our tours head out, rain or shine!
- Comfortable walking shoes are a good idea!
- Plan to check in about 15 minutes prior to your first appointment; that’s when you will receive your full visit schedule.
Campus tours are the cornerstone of our Visit Program. We believe that once you’ve seen our lovely campus, interacted with our engaging tour guides and witnessed the genuine smiles on our students’ faces, your interest will be pique to learn more about what makes life as a “Whittie” and in Walla Walla very special.
Take a walk through the Whitman College campus with a student guide. The tour includes a residence hall, academic buildings, our brand new state-of-the-art dining hall, library, and the student campus center.
Available to all visitors; roughly 50 minutes in duration.
Information sessions are available to all visitors and last about 45 minutes.
A member of the Admission Office staff will present the distinguishing features of a Whitman education in a group setting and answer any questions about academic programs, life on campus, the process of admission and applying for financial aid.
- Weekdays: 1:30 PM with the following exceptions
- 10AM only during Thanksgiving week, mid-December to mid-January
- Late March and all of April: An additional 10 a.m. session is added weekdays.
- Saturdays: 12:00 PM
Summer (late May to late August):
- Weekdays only: 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Saturdays: Closed
INTERVIEWS: High school seniors are offered interviews between May 1 of their junior year and January 15 of their senior year. Regional interviews are also offered in spring and fall. Transfer Students may interview up to March 1. This is a one-on-one meeting for the first half, followed by an opportunity for you and anyone traveling with you to ask questions specific to your situation and interests.
OPTIONAL ADMISSION MEETING FOR ADMITTED STUDENTS: Scheduled for all admitted students visiting between January 15 to May 1, this is an informal chat with an Admission Officer to give you time to ask any final enrollment and financial aid questions.
CLASS VISITS: We offer up to 2 class visits to high school seniors, juniors and transfer students; in April, juniors are scheduled for 1 class visit, typically our Encounters class. (Prospective students only.)
LUNCH WITH STUDENTS: On weekdays during the academic year, prospective students can have lunch with current students in our brand new Cleveland Commons dining hall. (Hosted lunch is available to high school seniors, juniors and transfer students, but anyone is welcome to eat in Cleveland Commons.)
OVERNIGHT STAY: Available to high school seniors and transfer students, Sunday through Thursday nights during most of the academic year. Stay overnight in a residence hall with a trained, pre-screened, student host. (Subject to availability. Not available during summer, holidays, or exam periods, and during certain campus events. Call the Office of Admission to ask whether overnights are offered around your visit date – firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-527-5176.)
11:00 AM Campus Tour, 12:00 PM Information Session
Saturday visits are offered on most weekends September through April. The Admission Office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays during the fall and spring and from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. during the months of January and February. A limited number of interviews are available to high school seniors and transfer applicants during the fall.
Visitors’ Days are a great opportunity to get an overview of the college and see our community in action, all in one day!
We offer a Fall Visitors’ Day, a Spring Visitors’ Day and an Admitted Students’ Day, the latter two of which are in April. While attending a Visitors’ Day, prospective students can take a tour of campus, interact with a faculty panel, a student panel, ask questions about potential majors, nd learn about our many extracurricular activities. Registration is unlimited and posted on the event’s web page 6-8 weeks in advance.
Group visits (8+ people) are granted on a case-by-case basis. They consist of a campus tour and potentially 1 or 2 other activities for school- and student-based organizations. We are happy to assist you in scheduling your group's visit. The following is a list of what we request in order to provide the best possible experience:
- A minimum of 3 weeks' notice; one month for group visits in October or early March.
- Student groups are recommended to be at least middle school in age; all student groups must include at least 1 adult chaperone per 10 students.
- Group visits are limited in size to 50 people and generally available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during the academic year, except during vacation or exam periods and holidays.
- Summer (late mid-May to late August): we do our best to accommodate summer group visit requests. As it is a very busy time for individual visits, we may not be able to grant your visit.
To inquire about group visit availability, contact our Campus Visit team at email@example.com.