Visiting Whitman College
As of January 15, 2022, visitors will need to show proof of being fully vaccinated with a booster when they arrive on campus.
We're pleased to welcome visitors to campus with COVID-19 protocols—based on Washington state and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and campus policies. We will continue to monitor public health guidelines to determine the safest way to conduct on-campus visits.
Please review the following information before scheduling your visits.
Visits: What to Expect
For the safety of our guests we require that all visitors be fully vaccinated, including a booster (within one month of eligibility), and provide documentation of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival on campus. A photo, photocopy or digital copy of your vaccination card is sufficient.
- Campus visits start from our Office of Admission at Penrose House, 515 Boyer Ave.
- Campus tours take place mostly outdoors, so please monitor weather conditions prior to your visit and dress accordingly.
- Campus Tours (45 minutes) will be led by a current student. ADA accessible tours can be easily accommodated.
- Information Sessions will be indoors and will be led by Admission Officers (45 minutes).
- We require all visitors, even those who are fully vaccinated, to wear face masks when they are indoors in group settings or public spaces. To provide the highest level of protection, those masks must be N95, KN95 or KF94. If you don't have one of these masks, we will provide one when you visit.
Virtual Information Sessions
We are also pleased to regularly offer virtual information sessions designed for any student interested in learning more about Whitman. During your session, get a feel for all that Whitman has to offer and submit your own questions to an admission officer via the chat box during the presentation. Students and their families are all welcome to join!
Get an up close look at our beautiful campus from the comfort of your own home. Our student-led virtual tours give you an inside look at our residence halls, dining hall, and academic, outdoor and recreational spaces so you can get a feel for what life is like here at Whitman College.