Getting to Whitman College
We're so excited to see you during your campus visit. Whitman College is conveniently located in the core of Walla Walla, Washington. We are walking distance from downtown, several hotels and many restaurants. We hope that you'll take a moment to get to know our town while you're here! You can find more information about our community, lodging, activities and dining at the Visit Walla Walla website.
Whitman College is served by two airports:
- Walla Walla Regional Airport (ALW) is a five-minute drive from campus. Alaska Airlines provides service to Walla Walla with connections to Seattle/Tacoma (SEATAC). Flight schedule.
- The Tri-Cities Regional Airport (PSC) is about 45 miles west of Walla Walla in Pasco, Washington. Airlines serving Pasco provide flights to and from Seattle/Tacoma, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Salt Lake City, Minneapolis and Denver.
Taxis also service the airport. You will need to call to arrange pick-up.
- Freddy G's Taxi: 509-386-7636
- Blaine's Taxi: 509-529-8294
- ABC Taxi: 509-529-7726
- A Plus Taxi: 509-386-7388
Valley Transit buses serve Walla Walla. To request a bus pickup from the Walla Walla airport, call Valley Transit at 509-525-9140. Bus route map and hours. The bus is free to ride during the summer, Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Walla Walla offers a variety of lodging options including locally owned and chain hotels, quaint bed and breakfasts and a thriving inventory of vacation rentals. Many of these options are within walking distance of campus or offer shuttles to campus and the surrounding area.
A few of our favorites include:
- The Marcus Whitman: 6 W. Rose St. This historic destination is located in downtown Walla Walla with easy access to the freeway and a 10-minute walk through our charming downtown to Whitman College.
- The Courtyard by Marriott: 550 West Rose St. Just a few blocks from downtown Walla Walla, the Courtyard is one of the newest hotels in town and offers free shuttles to and from the airport as well as to campus.
- The Maxwell House: Boyer Ave. Just a few blocks from campus, the Maxwell House is a charming bed and breakfast located in a recently renovated 100 year old Craftsman home.
You can find a comprehensive list of Walla Walla lodging options as well as restaurants and activities at Visit Walla.
Walla Walla, Washington, is located in the southeast corner of Washington state, near the Oregon border. Major highways that lead to Walla Walla include U.S. 12 and I-125. Boise, Idaho, Seattle and Portland can be reached in less than 5 hours.
When using GPS to locate Whitman College, the college's address is 345 Boyer Avenue. Admission is located in Penrose House. The physical address for Penrose House is 515 Boyer Ave.
There are no parking permits required to park on the Whitman College campus. Visitors are welcome to park in any of our campus lots or wherever street parking is permitted.