You must submit:
- Common Application
- Whitman Supplement to the Common Application
- Early Decisions Agreement (if applying ED I or II)
- FAFSA Forms (if applying for need-based financial aid)
- CSS Profile (if applying for need-based financial aid)
- $50 Application Fee (Application fees are waived for Regular Decision applicants submitted before Dec. 1)
- Interview with Admission Officer (optional, but recommended)
- Official SAT or ACT Score Report
- Interview with Admission Officer (recommended)
Your school must submit (upon your request):
- Secondary School Report
- Counselor Recommendation
- Official Transcript
- Midyear Report
- Teacher Evaluation
Note: Whitman is test-optional, meaning that most applicants are not required to submit ACT or SAT scores as part of the admission process. We encourage applicants to decide for themselves whether they wish to submit ACT or SAT results as an additional measure of their academic preparedness. Please see the full testing policy for more information.
For students who opt to submit test scores to Whitman, please note that the new SAT exam consists of two sections, each graded on an 800-point scale, and an optional essay. Whitman does NOT require the optional essay.
Whitman will accept scores from the old SAT and the new SAT. For applicants who wish to send scores from both exams, we will use concordance tables to determine which exam places you in the best standing in our evaluation process. Whitman will continue to superscore results from the same version of the SAT, but we will NOT superscore results from the old SAT with results from the new SAT.