International Applicant Checklist
We're happy that you've decided to apply to Whitman. Here's a list of everything you'll need to do to complete your application. If you have questions about your material, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must submit:
- Common Application
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Proficiency exam scores. We will accept self-reported scores, to be confirmed with an official score report at the time of your enrollment. If English is your first language, are currently enrolled at a high school where the primary language of instruction is English, or have spent at least two years at a high school where the primary language of instruction is English, you do not need to submit English Proficiency testing.
- CSS Profile (if applying for need-based financial aid)
- $50 application fee (Application fees are waived for all applicants who apply before Dec. 1)
You must also ask your school or counselor to submit the following materials:
- Secondary school report
- Counselor recommendation. (If you do not have a school counselor, a second teacher evaluation may be submitted in place of the counselor recommendation.)
- Official transcript
- Midyear report
- Teacher evaluation
- Official SAT or ACT score report. Whitman is test-optional, however, international applicants are strongly encouraged to submit an ACT or SAT as a way of demonstrating academic preparedness. Please see the full testing policy for more information.
Note: All application materials must be submitted in English.