At Whitman College, we believe that working with the community is the cornerstone of fostering civic engagement and enhanced learning in Walla Walla. We host numerous events and programs that contribute to the greater Walla Walla Valley and create experiential learning and service opportunities for students. We value the relationships we build with community partners.
If you are interested in partnering with us, please fill out the Community Outreach Request Form.
Partner With Us
- There are many ways that Whitman College can partner with nonprofits, educational institutions and other organizations in our community. Whether you are looking for volunteers, are interested in hosting an intern or community fellow or would like more information about how you can bring our programs to your group, we are here to help!
- Sign up for the Community Partner listserv by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and your organization.
- If you're interested in expanding or creating an education program with Whitman volunteers or tutors, contact School Programs Coordinator Susan Prudente.
- If you're interested in one-time volunteers for a project during a service event, such as Make a Difference Day, or if you're curious about how to develop a regular program with students who volunteer weekly or monthly, contact Community Service Coordinator Abby Juhasz.
- If you have a substantive, academic year-long project, consider applying to host a student as part of the Student Engagement Center's Community Fellow Program.
- Do you know a local middle school student who is interested in attending college? WISE is an all-expenses paid program at Whitman that aims to introduce middle school students to college life in order to generate excitement for pursuing a college education.
- Whitman's Science Outreach connects to the community, educates K-12 students and teachers and engages in experiences that cultivate futures and inspire exploration of science. Explore how we can connect with your classroom.