At Whitman College, we believe that working with the community is the cornerstone of fostering civic engagement and enhanced learning in Walla Walla. We host numerous events and programs that contribute to the greater Walla Walla Valley and create experiential learning and service opportunities for students. We value the relationships we build with community partners.
Partner With Us
There are many ways that Whitman College can partner with nonprofits, educational institutions and other organizations in our community. Whether you are looking for volunteers, are interested in hosting an intern or Community Fellow or would like more information about how you can bring our programs to your group, we are here to help!
- Sign up for the Community Partner email listserv that is hosted by theCareer and Community Engagement Center, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and your organization. You can also visit the Want to Hire a Whittie page for information around various ways to employ students.
- If you'd like to get involved or learn more about community engaged learning at Whitman contact Kelsey Martin. For community engaged learning at partner institutions in the Pacific Northwest, contact Emily Anderson.
- If you're interested in expanding or creating an education program with Whitman volunteers or tutors, contact Assistant Director for Community Engagement, Susan Prudente.
- If you're interested in one-time volunteers for a project during a service event, such as Make a Difference Day, or if you're curious about how to develop a regular program with students who volunteer weekly or monthly, contact Assistant Director for Community Engagement, Abby Juhasz.
- If you have a substantive, academic year-long project, consider applying to host a student as part of the Career and Community Engagement Center's Community Fellow Program. Contact Mitzy Rodriguez, Assistant Director of Internships at email@example.com.
- Do you know a local middle school student who is interested in attending college? WISE is an all-expenses paid program at Whitman that aims to introduce middle school students to college life in order to generate excitement for pursuing a college education.