Whether you are a first-year or transfer student entering your second semester here, a returning student, a student transitioning back to Whitman after an Off-Campus Study experience or Leave of Absence, or in the midst of your final year at Whitman, Academic Resource Center staff members are here to offer advice and support!
Please come visit us in Olin 334 for printed versions of our planners and resources, to chat with our staff about study skills or academic coaching appointments, or to inquire about working at the ARC (more info on that below). Our office is also home to Whitman's Disability Support Services, so please contact us if you have any questions about accommodations at Whitman College.
The Academic Resource Center (ARC) is part of Academic Affairs and is overseen by Kendra Golden, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. For more information, see the Provost and Dean of the Faculty webpage, or contact Kendra at email@example.com or, 509-527-5210.
Make an appointment with Antonia Keithahn if you need help navigating academic accommodations, have a chronic health or mental health condition, a concussion, have been prescribed an ESA, or want to discuss access issues on campus.
Contact Laura Cummings to set achievable academic goals for the semester, are interested in getting a tutor, or would like ongoing academic coaching.
Need a Tutor?
Tutoring will resume in the Fall 2021 term.
Our Mission Statement
At the Academic Resource Center, we value education rooted in teaching and learning that is collaborative, welcoming, and inclusive. We are guided by a philosophy that appreciates every individual’s unique strengths, as well as their capacity and desire to learn. Our mission is to provide a supportive environment in which students can fully access all aspects of their education, develop self-advocacy, and cultivate a foundation for lifelong learning and professional success.
- Partners with faculty and the campus community to optimize student learning.
- Welcomes and supports all students.
- Positively impacts rates of retention and degree completion for students utilizing ARC services.
As a result of ARC services...
- Students gain confidence in their ability to pursue their academic goals.
- Students maintain progress toward degree completion.
- Students develop an understanding of the relationship between their accommodations and their learning.
- Students develop the capacity to communicate their needs and advocate for effective support.