During the 2022-23 academic year, Whitman College completed an assessment of the college’s strategic plan that was approved in 2017. With involvement from hundreds of faculty, staff, students and trustees, the Whitman community spent the year looking at what has been accomplished and where there are opportunities for the future of the college. Dozens of feedback sessions helped refine a vision for the future that will meet the college’s mission to provide an excellent education for students in a time of such rapid change.
In June of 2023, the Whitman College Board of Trustees voted to approve the following strategic themes:
- Academic Excellence and Distinction
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Anti-racism and Access
- A Vibrant Campus Community That Supports Learning, Thriving and Lifelong Relationships
- A Strong Launch Into Life After Whitman for All Students
- Connecting Whitman, Walla Walla, and the World
- Environmental Justice, Sustainability and Climate Action
During the fall of 2023, the college will move into the next phase of the strategic planning process, gathering groups to move forward implementation on each of the priorities.