Become a COWS Coach of Writing and Speaking
We are so glad you're interested in working for the COWS! However, there are a couple steps before you are able to begin employment for the Writing Center.
For COWS peer tutors
1. The course RWPD 310 - Theory and Practice of Tutoring Writing must be completed before applying to work at the writing center. This is training for the job!
2. You must be a Whitman student from sophomore to senior status. We are unable hire first years or recent graduates.
3. Submit your resume, cover letter, and sample writing piece within the job portal on handshake!
Once you've applied, you will receive email notification from Lydia about the status of your application.
For Writing Fellows
1. Reach out to any current professors that you would be interested in becoming a writing fellow for their class.
2. Your professor should be able to guide you through the next steps
If are unsure of where to start to become a writing fellow, contacting Professor Jenna Terry, Writing Support Coordinator is a good place to begin.
Keep in mind that the writing center has a very small staff to look through applications, so it may take some time once your application is submitted!