Whitman College Outdoor Program partners with federal, state and private land managers to provide a diverse range of opportunities for our students. We operate programs in the following areas.
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Mt. Rainier National Park
- North Cascades National Park
- Olympic National Park
- Gifford Pinchot National Forest
- Malheur National Forest
- Mt. Baker Snoqualmie National Forest
- Umatilla National Forest
- Wallowa-Whitman National Forest
Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- Idaho (Cottonwood Field Office)
- Oregon (Prineville Field Office)
- Utah (Monticello Field Office and Henry Mountain Field Station)
Other Operating Areas
- Smith Rock State Park
- State of Hawaii-Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife
- US Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Washington State Department of Natural Resources
- Washington State Parks
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)
To file a complaint of discrimination: write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call 202-720-5964. (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Looking for an outdoor experience or interested in a first-aid course? Check out the OP’s online portal, Compass.