Fall Semester 2023: COVID-19 Protocols
Whitman College continues to strongly encourage all Whitman students, faculty and staff to remain up to date, as defined by the CDC, on their COVID-19 vaccinations when they become available.
The following mitigation measures are currently available to members of the Whitman community:
- The Welty Student Health Center will provide free symptomatic testing and masks to students, faculty and staff.
- Faculty and staff may still require masks in their classes or office spaces.
- Whitman College will still provide students with isolation rooms when needed.
Additional guidance for students:
- Students who test positive for COVID-19 should notify the Welty Health Center, Security and their professors.
- Security will arrange for isolation housing if needed upon a positive COVID-19 test result.
- Students who have seen substantial improvement in their symptoms or who are asymptomatic will be released from isolation after day five without further re-testing and clearance from the Health Center. Upon release from isolation, students are expected to wear a mask through the end of day 10.
Additional guidance for faculty and staff:
- Employees who test positive for COVID-19 should isolate at home for at least five days. Employees who have seen substantial improvement in their symptoms or who are asymptomatic may return to work after day five without further re-testing, but are expected to wear a mask through the end of day 10.
- Employees should use sick time for days for which they are out of office, unless they are able to perform their jobs remotely.
- Other than registering their sick time in BambooHR, employees do not need to advise their supervisors or the Welty Health Center if they are positive for COVID-19.
Please note: Day zero is the first day of symptoms or the first day of a positive COVID-19 test.
Last updated on: October 12, 2023