REQUIRED: Two documented doses of MMR vaccine and a COVID-19 vaccine. Also, completion of the tuberculosis screening form, which is available at whit.mn/checkin in mid-June.
Insurance information and complete immunization dates are highly recommended and greatly appreciated.
The Welty Student Health Center staff extends a warm and healthy welcome to all incoming students. We are here to offer assistance with your health care needs and concerns during your academic years at Whitman College. The Wlety Student Health Center is staffed by registered nurses, who are available for consult and nursing care. Medical providers are on site each weekday for medical evaluation and treatment.
In order for us to provide the most effective health service, it is essential that all new students complete the following tasks by Aug. 15:
- Complete the Welty Student Health Form in my.whitman.edu as part of the online check-in process. Check-in forms are available starting mid-June for new students.
- Immunization REQUIREMENT: Two doses of Mumps, Measles and Rubella (MMR) after your first birthday and documentation of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Tuberculosis screen REQUIREMENT: If you answer yes to any of these questions, you will be required to have an additional tuberculosis screening at the Welty Student Health Center during orientation:
- Have you ever had a positive tuberculosis skin or blood test?
- Were you born in or had frequent prolonged visits to any of these continents? Central America, South America, Africa, Eastern Europe, Asia
- Have you been vaccinated with BCG vaccine? This is a tuberculosis vaccine given routinely in countries outside the USA.
- Have you been a resident, volunteer or health care worker serving clients with increased risk of tuberculosis?
Health and Accident Insurance: Whitman College believes health and accident insurance is extremely important for all students. It is the college's expectations that students have personal health insurance. If you are an international student, the college will provide a plan for you and charge it to your student account. The health center is open to all degree-seeking students regardless of what type of insurance you have.