Information and Resources
The Whitman College Climbing Center features a state-of-the-art climbing wall made up of hundreds of imprint and freeform panels that offers a unique climbing experience.
Climbing Center Hours
Fall 2022 Semester
M-Th 4:30-9 p.m. & Fri-Sun 2:30-5 p.m.
Climbing Center Contacts
Climbing Center Manager (General inquiries): email@example.com
Climbing Center Outreach Coordinator (Kids Clinics, Special Events, Private Events, Etc.): firstname.lastname@example.org
Climbing Wall COVID-19 Considerations
- Whitman student staff and faculty are the priority but visitors will be welcome on Saturday and Sunday’s.
- All users are required to be up to date on all vaccine doses and boosters for which they are eligible. Proof of vaccination will be checked at time of entry.
- Masks are currently optional but encouraged. (This may change based as Covid response procedures are re-evaluated.
- Wash hands with the portable wash station before and after climbing and potentially during your session as well.
- Please space yourself appropriately from any other people while climbing.
- Only liquid climbing chalk will be allowed if you choose to use chalk. No loose chalk or chalk balls are allowed at this time. The climbing center currently has a sale on liquid chalk at the wall.
- A bathroom pass into Sherwood is available at the front for use while climbing.
Click below to view the following:
Climbing Center brochure
Climb for a Lifetime video
World's Worst Belayer
Click below to download the following forms:
Top rope and Lead climb/belay proficiency tests
Group Event Application
Climbing Center Staff Application
The Outdoor Program runs climbing trips to local climbing crags on a regular basis. See Outdoor Climbing Areas for more information about local climbing.
Looking for an outdoor experience or interested in a first-aid course? Check out the OP’s online portal, Compass.