Power and Privilege Symposium Learning Outcomes
Students serving as members of the Executive Team of the Power & Privilege Symposium will learn to:
- Work effectively with others to formulate both specific event/project goals and broad organization goals.
- Employ delegation as a means to involve group members.
- Use discretion when dealing with liability, suitability, or matters of confidentiality.
Problem Solving & Critical Thinking
- Gather and analyze information in order to formulate personal opinions on issues and problems.
- Diagnose problems, generate and choose between multiple solutions, and evaluate outcomes.
Communication & Collaboration
- Speak and write in a clear, direct, and constructive manner.
- Articulate relevant information to various individuals and groups.
- Correspond professionally with others (e.g. peers/team members, artists/agents, campus offices, cosponsoring groups, etc.) to develop relationships and organize event logistics.
- Convey thoughtful and relevant feedback to peers.
Social Justice, Equity, & Inclusion
- Examine and articulate personal social identities, privileges, and biases.
- Recognize the importance of and actively seek contributions from others regardless of differing social identities.
- Appropriately challenge the unfair, unjust, or uncivil behavior on campus.
- Generate programs that engage students around topics of social identity, equity, and inclusion, and which are welcoming to all students.
- Criticize and challenge institutionalized forms of oppression.
Self-Management & Appraisal
- Maintain personal health and wellness.
- Prioritize commitments and employ time management skills to maintain balance between academic work, extracurricular activities, personal time, etc.
- Articulate personal skills, abilities, and areas for growth.
- Reflect upon and provide analysis of personal development and learning.
- Maintain accurate and thorough documentation of projects (i.e. tasks, timelines, correspondence, budget, etc.).
- Identify all aspects of planning an event and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and make adjustments to program budget based on funding.
Click here to download the Power & Privilege Symposium Executive Team learning outcomes.
Last updated July 2018