|Alpha Phi||Delta Gamma||Kappa Alpha Theta||Kappa Kappa Gamma|
All students who join a Whitman College sorority immediately become members of the Whitman College Panhellenic Association. By uniting together under one organization, the sororities are able to create a climate of unity and support among the four groups. Through Panhellenic, the sorority members increase their resources and are able to focus on issues of mutual interest such as sexual violence prevention, risk management practices for safe social events with alcohol, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
The Panhellenic Association is led by the Executive Officers, comprised of members elected from each of the four sororities. The Council meets every other week throughout the academic year to plan activities and conduct business that is of mutual interest to the sororities. Philanthropy projects, scholarship desserts, public speakers, educational lectures, social functions, Greekend and membership recruitment are just a few of the many activities that Panhellenic coordinates each year.
Whitman Panhellenic Code of Ethics
We, the sorority women of Whitman College, promote service and character development within individual fraternity and Panhellenic activities. We encourage these through close interactions and intimate friendships. Together we commit ourselves to promoting the interests of the sorority & fraternity system on this campus and in the greater community. All fraternities of Whitman College shall seek to foster exemplary behavior, academic excellence, social consciousness, mutual respect, trust and friendship.
The Panhellenic Creed
We, as Undergraduate Members of women’s fraternities, stand for good scholarship, for guarding of good health, for maintenance of fine standards, and for serving, to the best of our ability, our college community. Cooperation for furthering fraternity life, in harmony with its best possibilities, is the ideal that shall guide our fraternity activities.
We, as Fraternity Women, stand for service through the development of character inspired by the close contact and deep friendship of individual fraternity and Panhellenic life. The opportunity for wide and wise human service, through mutual respect and helpfulness, is the tenet by which we strive to live.
Follow Whitman College Panhellenic Association on Instagram: @WhitmanPanhellenic
Executive Vice President: Lindsey Pasena-Littlesky (email@example.com)
Treasurer: Jazz Cintron (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice President of Recruitment: Teagan Huff (email@example.com)
2023 RECRUITMENT SCHEDULE
Please join us for a Pre-Recruitment Welcome Back event on Friday, Sept. 8 from 5:30–7:30 p.m. on Ankeny Field. Don’t forget to register for Sorority Recruitment!
Potential new member (PNMs) can attend as many or as few events from as many or as few sororities as they choose. At these events, sorority members are interested in getting to know PNMs and PNMs should ask whatever questions they have about time commitment, financial obligations, expectations of moral standards of comportment, and academic requirements.
- Saturday, Sept. 16, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.: Open House Round - Get the chance to see each sorority’s space in Prentiss Hall and learn more about each sisterhood.
- Sunday, Sept. 17, 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Philanthropy Round - Focused on each sorority sharing information about the inter/national and/or local philanthropy(ies) they support, the community service efforts they engage in, and the ways in which they give back to Whitman College.
- Tuesday, Sept. 19, 4–6 p.m.: Panhellenic Extra Recruitment Event - Talk with members of all four sororities and Rho Gammas in a super chill event.
- Thursday, Sept. 21, 7–9 p.m.: Panhellenic Extra Recruitment Event - Talk with members of all four sororities and Rho Gammas in a super chill event.
- Saturday, Sept. 23, 12:30–5 p.m.: Tea Day and MRABA Signing (invite only) - A garden tea party gives sorority members and PNMs a nice long time to chat. Ask any last-minute questions that will help you make your decisions. This is the only event some people dress up for, but that's completely optional, based on your style.
- Sunday, Sept. 24, 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.: Bid Day (invite only) - PNMs receiving bids get unmarked envelopes. The suspense builds before they open them and run to their new sisters. RhoGam and Panhel Exec affiliations are revealed and Total is announced. Lots of pictures are taken, and each organization hosts their own distinct Bid Day celebrations.