Reid Campus Center
Reid Campus Center
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Summer: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday
The Reid Campus Center is a hub for student activities and services at Whitman College. It is home to the college's information desk. The desk is staffed from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to midnight Friday, 10 a.m. to midnight Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday. You can also reach the info desk by calling 509-527-5200.
The mission of the Reid Campus Center is to:
- Create learning opportunities for students which integrate skill development, reflection and assessment;
- Educate students through leadership and professional development experiences;
- Provide services, products, programs and events that enrich the Whitman experience;
- Strengthen the Whitman community by providing a comfortable place to gather.
In addition to the students, faculty, alumni and staff of Whitman College, it is our pleasure to serve, parents, campus visitors and community members. Reid is located on the corner of Boyer Avenue and Park Street. Parking is available in the lot adjacent and on nearby side streets.
What's in Reid?
Reid Campus Center is overseen by Barbara Maxwell, associate dean of students: student programs and activities. It is home to the offices of Student Activities, Room 202, which also serves as the building's main office. Student Activities oversees the college's student clubs, orientation programming, the Whitman Events Board (WEB) and Associated Students of Whitman College. The downstairs lounge is host to Coffeehouse, a weekend musical program held several times a semester from 9-11 p.m., as well as other WEB-sponsored events.
Other services and offices found in the building include:
- ATM: A Banner Bank ATM is located on the main floor.
- Whitman College Bookstore: Located on the ground floor, the Whitman College Bookstore carries insignia clothing and gift items, as well as art and school supplies and textbooks. Tickets for most on-campus events are sold at the service counter.
- Reid Market: Operated by Bon Appetit, the Reid Market on the main floor offers espresso and grab-and-go dining options, as well as a soft-serve ice cream sundae bar.
- Lost and found: The Reid Campus Center Office, Room 202, serves as the campus lost and found. Items may be claimed from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Lost and found items not claimed are sold at a public sale in the Reid Campus Center foyer in May.
- Meeting rooms: The Reid Campus Center features several meeting spaces to accommodate the diverse needs of the Whitman community. A variety of audio-visual equipment is available. To schedule a meeting space, contact the Conferences, Events & Scheduling Office at 509-527-5366.
- Outdoor Program and rental shop: Located on the ground floor, the Outdoor Program's Rental Shop stocks a variety of outdoor gear.
- Campus Post Office: Located on the ground floor, the campus post office is the sorting location for student and departmental mail and home to student mail boxes.
- Student Engagement Center: On the second floor, the Student Engagement Center is home to the college's career services and information about internships and community engagement programs.
- Intercultural Center: Found in Room 216, the Intercultural Center is home to International Student and Scholar Services, LGBTQIA+ resources, the Religion and Spiritual Life Office, and programming to support students from diverse backgrounds.
- Debate Program: The offices for the advisors for the college's Debate Program are locate on the second floor.
- Student media, radio and publications: KWCW Radio, the Whitman Wire, blue moon art and literary magazine, quarterlife literary magazine, and the Whitman yearbook are located in Reid.
- Stevens Gallery: Located on the main floor, the gallery features art by Whitman community members.
Reid Campus Center allows certain windows in the building to be decorated for the purpose of advertising campus events, programs or organizations. Specific guidelines for the use of window space in Reid, including which windows are available can be obtained by contacting Leann Adams. For more information, contact the Student Activities Office in Reid 202.