Forms and Resources for Club Sports
Club Sports Handbook
The Club Sports Handbook includes detailed information about policies, procedures, and resources available to Whitman Club Sports teams. Each team captain should review the handbook carefully at the start of each year to ensure your team in operating in accordance with Whitman policy. You can view the handbook here.
We use imleagues.com to manage the collection of team rosters, player contracts, and waivers. If you are a team captain, you will be listed as a captain on your team's imleagues page before the start of the year, and it is your responsibility to have all players register on the site and sign up for your team in order to complete required forms. Team members must complete this sign-up process prior to participating in any practice or competition. If you have imleagues questions, contact Leann Adams (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
Additionally, at the beginning of each year (or season), teams MUST turn in a game/event schedule to the Club Sports Committee. The schedule should include dates, locations, and opponents for all competitions that year, including both home and away events.
Finally, the Club Sports Committee would appreciate receiving information regarding your team practice schedule and location. See below for information on how to reserve practice space.
If you will ever have non-students participating in practice or team play (please see Michele Hanford for guidance on limited situations when this is acceptable), those individuals MUST complete a Facilities Use Waiver and submit it to Sherwood.
In order to reserve field or facility space for practice, please contact the following individuals. (Please keep in mind that priority is given to in-season teams.)
|Whitman Fields||Sarah Bellemail@example.com||509-527-5921|
|Baker Ferguson||Michele Hanfordfirstname.lastname@example.org||509-527-5025|
|Harvey Pool||Jenn Blommeemail@example.com||509-527-5287|
If you would like to view a calendar of current field reservations, click here.
If your team uses outdoor fields for practice or competition, please review our Field Use Recommendations.
Teams that travel for games or tournaments are required to submit a trip roster, trip itinerary, and description of your transportation plans via imleagues. This submission must be done no later than the one week prior to the team's departure from campus. Team captains can find instructions for submitting travel information by logging into imleagues and viewing the instructions on the main Club Sports page, under "announcements".
A "how-to" document for teams preparing to travel can be found here. It covers the process for completing defensiving driving training and for renting vehicles.
Please keep in mind the following policies regarding travel for Club Sports:
- Teams must travel in Whitman College-owned or rental vehicles; no personal vehicles are allowed. This link will take you to the reservation form for the Whitman motor pool. See Michele Hanford if you need to reserve a vehicle through an outside rental agency.
- Ski teams are required to travel with a chaperone; other teams are encouraged to use a chaperone if desired.
- ABSOLUTELY NO alcohol is permitted on road trips
- Captains are responsible for ensuring that all team members comply with College and Club Sports policy while traveling. Policy violations may result in the prohibition or cancellation of future team travel, at the discretion of the Club Sports Committee.
When you need to be reimbursed for Club Sport related expenditures, please keep in mind the following information in order to ensure a speedy reimbursement process:
- Reimbursement forms are available online here (or here for a fillable word document version), or through Michele Hanford or Victoria Johnson (in Sherwood).
- Forms must be filled out in their entirety and signed by the team's budget manager before being turned into Victoria Johnson (front desk, Sherwood office);
- When requesting reimbursements for travel related expenses, please turn in ONLY ONE form per person, per trip;
- Reimbursement requests must be submitted within one week following the purchase;
- The following things CAN be reimbursed: lodging, travel expenses (gas, plane tickets, etc.), practice fees, league & tournament fees, referee fees, team equipment;
- The following things CANNOT be reimbursed: food, personal items and gifts, alcohol, personal uniforms.