Spring 2019 Registration Information: For Returning Students
Required --Student Check-In
Check- In begins on Monday January 7, 2019
Adviser Clearance is not required to complete Student Check-in.
If not completed, students may be locked out of their accounts (e.g., CLEo, email, my.whitman.edu).
All students must complete Student Check-in by Friday, January 25, 2019.
To complete Student Check-in:
Access the student portal (my.whitman.edu/students)
Select "confirm attendance."
To clear any additional holds:
Access the student portal (my.whitman.edu/students).
Select "open" next to the hold and follow the directions provided. Once a hold is cleared it will disappear.
Provide Emergency Contact Information. Please provide a number where you wish to receive campus alert information and emergency contact information.
Financial Responsibility. You will be asked to agree to the Financial Responsibility statement.
Contact the appropriate office to obtain clearance if needed. Contact information is as follows:
Business Office Located in Mem 233 (x5143)
Financial Aid Located in Mem 123 (x5178)
Health Center Located at 11 Merriam St (x5281)
Registrar's Office Located in Mem 212 (x5983)
Do you wish to add or drop a course?
· Obtain adviser clearance. Adviser clearance is required to add or drop a course.
· Access the "Registration" tab in the student portal (my.whitman.edu/students).
· Add/drop appointment times for Friday, January 11, 2019 are listed below. Students will be allowed access to add/drop at the appointment time for their class and will continue to have access during the entire add/drop period.
Class of 2019 start at 8 am Class of 2020 start at 10 am Class of 2021 start at 12 Noon Class of 2022 start at 3 pm
To add a class:
1. Add the course to your Course Wishlist using the "Search and Add Courses" link, or if your wishlist is empty, you will select the "Add a Course" link.
2. When you have selected the course, click "Add to Wishlist" at the top of the page.
3. Use the "+" action button to add it to your schedule.
4. Click on "Apply Changes" and the course will be added to your schedule.
To drop a class:
1. Remember: it is important that you verify that a replacement course is open before dropping a course from your schedule. If you drop a course that is closed (full), you will not be able to re-add the course unless you have electronic instructor consent.
2. Select the "˗" action button of the class you wish to drop from your schedule.
3. Select "Apply Changes" and the course will be dropped from your schedule.
4. Verify your schedule in the "Current Schedule" section to ensure your schedule is correct.
Interested in academic overload? · Academic overload is exceeding 18 academic credits. (Activity credits do not count toward academic overload). · Academic Overload Approval. You will need to obtain approval for academic overload by submitting an Academic Overload form. (See Next Below).
Requirements to enroll in an academic overload are as follows:
· Students must have a 3.50 or higher cumulative GPA.
· Students must have a 3.50 or higher previous semester's GPA in courses completed at Whitman.
· Students must submit the Academic Overload form to the Registrar's Office for final approval.
· Requests for more than 18 academic credits that do not meet the above criteria, or those requesting more than 22 academic credits, will be reviewed by the Board of Review. Approval will be granted only in truly exceptional circumstances in which there is crucial need to take an academic overload (such as the need to graduate).
· You may contact the Registrar's Office through a Live Chat option. This will be available from January 11, 2019 through January 25, 2019 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. Live Chat will be located at the bottom right of the registration screen in the portal.
· Students may also call us at x5983, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit Memorial 212.
Classes begin Monday, January 14, 2019
Arranged classes - First meeting will be at 12:30 pm, Wednesday, January 16, 2019 in the office of the instructor.