Fall 2018 Registration Information/Checklist
First Year Students
CREATE YOUR COURSE WISHLIST
As soon as possible after meeting with your adviser, access the student portal (my.whitman.edu/students), where you will log in and follow the directions on the screen to add courses to your Wishlist. Your Course Wishlist will be used to expedite your registration on Saturday morning so it is important to complete this step. Note that you may not be able to register for all the courses on your Course Wishlist, so be sure to include several alternatives. See the “Help with Registration Screens” in the envelope of registration information for a help with registration guide.
Registration will take place on Saturday, August 25 from 8am-1pm in the Reid Ballroom at the appointment time listed in your “New Student Packet.” You must present your Whitman ID card for admission into Registration.
Access to the departmental tables will be granted 30 minutes prior to your registration appointment time. You may speak with representatives from all departments as well as your adviser prior to registering. You will then be allowed to proceed to a kiosk to complete registration at your appointed time.
- Any students with holds must contact the appropriate office and clear the hold. You will be allowed to pre-register but your registration will not be final until the hold is resolved. You will need to see a member of the Registrar’s Office in the kiosk area at the time of your assigned registration appointment.
- A "Help with Registration" guide will be available at each kiosk.
- New students will be registered in GenS 145 (4 credits) by the Registrar’s Office. You will then be allowed to register for up to an additional 10 academic credits (for a total of 14 credits) and any activity credits during registration on Saturday morning.
- When you complete registration you will be required to fill out an "Additional Course Request" form which will specify if you wish to add another course to your schedule. There will be space to list four course options to add in order of preference. You may list different sections of the same course but DO NOT list the same course and same section multiple times. You must submit the form when leaving registration even if you do not wish to add another class.
- The Registrar’s Office staff will make the additions immediately following the last registration appointment, reversing the order from the appointment times previously assigned. This is being done to help with equity of course selection for all students. The Registrar’s Office will email you when you can view your completed schedule.
- Faculty members will be onsite to discuss availability in closed or consent-required courses. If you are granted consent, bring the signed "Course Consent" form to the Registrar’s Office Table in the kiosk area to have the course added.
- You will not be allowed to register for courses that meet at the same time unless you obtain signatures from both professors on a "Course Conflict Resolution" form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office Table to have the courses added to your schedule.
- You will be allowed to make changes to your schedule starting on Tuesday, August 28, at 8:00 am and may add courses through Friday, September 7. Following your registration on Saturday all course consents will be electronic, and you will receive an automated email with directions on how to accept the consent.
Memorial Building 212
345 Boyer Ave
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Phone: 509-527-5983 Fax: 509-522-4431