Fall 2022 Registration Information
If you are having difficulties with the registration process, please review the Help with Registration Screens document. If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All students must complete Student Check-In.
- Student check-in begins on Tuesday January 11, 2022.
- Adviser Clearance is not required to complete Student Check-in.
- Student Check-in must be done by Friday, January 28, 2022.
- If not completed, students may be locked out of their accounts (e.g., CLEo, email, my.whitman.edu
- Access the student portal (my.whitman.edu/students)
- Select “confirm attendance.”
*Remember: Student Check-in must be completed by Friday, January 28, 2022.
- Access the student portal (my.whitman.edu/students).
- Select “open” next to the hold and follow the directions provided. Once a hold is cleared it will disappear.
- Provide Emergency Contact Information. Please provide a number where you wish to receive campus alert information and emergency contact information.
- Financial Responsibility. You will be asked to agree to the Financial Responsibility statement.
- Contact the appropriate office to obtain clearance if needed. Contact information is as follows:
Do You Wish to Add or Drop a Course?
- Obtain adviser clearance. Advisor clearance is required to add or drop a course.
- Contact your advisor and discuss course adding/dropping. Remind advisor to clear you.
- Access the “Registration” tab in the student portal (my.whitman.edu/students).
- Add/drop appointment times for Monday January 17, 2022 are listed below.
Students will be allowed access to add/drop at the appointment time for their class and will continue to have access during the entire add/drop period.
(Pacific/Walla Walla Time)
Class of 2022 start at 8 a.m.
Class of 2023 start at 10 a.m.
Class of 2024 start at Noon
Class of 2025 start at 2 p.m.
*Adding courses ends on Friday January 28.
*Dropping courses without record ends of Friday Feb. 25.
*Dropping courses with a grade of “W” ends of Friday April 8.
- Add the course to your Course Wishlist using the “Search and Add Courses” link, or if your wishlist is empty, you will select the “Add a Course” link.
- When you have selected the course, click “Add to Wishlist” at the top of the page.
- Use the “+” action button to add it to your schedule.
- Click on “Apply Changes” and the course will be added to your schedule.
- Remember: it is important that you verify that a replacement course is open before dropping a course from your schedule. If you drop a course that is closed (full) you will not be able to re-add the course unless you have electronic instructor consent.
- Select the “˗” action button of the class you wish to drop from your schedule.
- Select “Apply Changes” and the course will be dropped from your schedule.
- Verify your schedule in the “Current Schedule” section to ensure your schedule is correct.
Interested in Academic Overload?
- Academic overload is exceeding 18 academic credits. (Activity credits do not count toward academic overload).
- Academic Overload Approval. You will need to obtain approval for academic overload. See below requirements for completing the approval process.
- Students must have a 3.50 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Students must have a 3.50 or higher previous semester’s GPA in courses completed at Whitman.
- Students must obtain signatures from their advisor and their previous semester’s instructors at Whitman using the Academic Overload Form, if a professor is on sabbatical note that on your form and a signature is not needed. Overload form available in the Registrar’s Office or online at: https://www.whitman.edu/offices-and-services/registrar/services-for-students-and-alumni/forms
- Students must submit the completed Academic Overload form to the Registrar’s Office for final approval.
- Once we receive your academic overload form, we will process your request. We will email you confirmation when your academic overload form has been processed and approved.
- Requests for more than 18 academic credits that do not meet the above criteria, or those requesting more than 22 academic credits, will be reviewed by the Board of Review. Approval will be granted only in truly exceptional circumstances in which there is crucial need to take an academic overload (such as the need to graduate).
You may contact the Registrar’s Office through a Live Chat option. This will be available from
January 17 through January 21, 2022 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Live Chat will be located at the bottom right of the registration screen in the portal.
- Student Check-in begins Tuesday January 11, 2022.
- Add/Drop begins Monday January 17, 2022, at your assigned time.
- Classes begin Tuesday January 18, 2022.
Memorial Building 212
345 Boyer Ave
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Phone: 509-527-5983 Fax: 509-522-4431