Personnel Review Procedures
- Personnel guidelines procedures for faculty review, tenure, and promotion can be found in Chapter IV of the Faculty Handbook.
- Personnel Committee Guidelines can be found on the Provost/DOF CLEo site.
Discipline Specific Scholarship Guidelines
In May, 2010, the Whitman College faculty approved a motion that required academic departments and invited interdisciplinary programs to “develop and submit to the Committee of Division Chairs scholarship guidelines that are appropriate to specific areas of academic inquiry.” The rationale for this motion indicated that these guidelines are intended to serve three purposes, as follows:
- They may be of assistance to candidates for contract renewal, tenure, and promotion by helping them appreciate what is involved in fulfilling the criteria in the Faculty Handbook under the heading of “Excellence in Professional Activity.”
- They may be of assistance to those writing letters on behalf of candidates, especially with respect to assessments of professional activity.
- They may offer guidance to the Personnel Committee as it reviews materials submitted by candidates for contract renewal, tenure, and promotion.
Please see Faculty Development and Support for Discipline Specific Scholarship Guidelines.