Students who have studied abroad have an advantage in applying for national fellowships that send graduating seniors and alumni abroad – including the Fulbright, Watson, Marshall, Mitchell, Rhodes, and Huntington Public Service Award.  The most important thing you can do in preparation for these opportunities is to work closely with faculty and your internship, research project, or volunteer supervisors in your study abroad country and discuss with them projects or research areas you might want to pursue were you to return on a fellowship.  Most fellowship and grant applications for graduate study or creative projects can be significantly enhanced by supplementing them with “Letters of Institutional Affiliation.”  These are letters from contacts abroad who are interested in working with you should you return on a fellowship or grant.

For more information on the fellowships and grants available, please visit the website of the Office of Fellowships and Grants.  You can also e-mail them at