Transcripts from Programs
Off-Campus Studies (OCS) Transcripts
Where should a student’s OCS transcript be sent?
- All students participating on an OCS program should make sure that their program knows to send their OCS program transcript directly to Whitman College when their semester away is completed. It should be sent either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Off-Campus Studies, Whitman College, 345 Boyer Avenue, Walla Walla, WA 99362, U.S.A.
- Without an official transcript, Whitman will not be able to award transfer credit.
What makes a transcript “official”?
- To be considered official, all transcripts must be received by Whitman Off-Campus Studies (or the Whitman Registrar) either directly from the program electronically, by mail, or hand-delivered in an unopened university/program envelope.
- Copies, non-official transcripts, opened transcripts and “Issued to Student” transcripts are considered unofficial documents, and cannot be accepted under any circumstances.
Why might a program transcript be delayed?
- Delay for Whitman to receive an OCS program transcript is usually for one of two reasons.
- The program is waiting for grades to be submitted by the foreign faculty or foreign university.
- The student owes money to the program for an outstanding bill or fine (library, lost key, and room damage). Programs will not release student transcripts until payment for all outstanding bills have been received.
How long does it take for Whitman to post OCS credits on the Whitman record once a transcript has been received?
- Once Whitman receives a transcript from your Off-Campus Studies program, processing typically takes 2 to 4 weeks depending on the workload of the Registrar’s office. However, due to COVID-19 the Registrar is facing a major time crunch this summer (2020). This means that processing of OCS transcripts may be delayed until the fall. If you have concerns, please contact your OCS Adviser for guidance.