Rotary Peace Fellowship
Application period: February 2021 to May 2021 [TBA]
- Professionals with work experience in international relations or peace and conflict prevention and resolution.
- Proficiency in English; proficiency in a second language is strongly recommended
- Master's degree applicants: minimum 3 years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, bachelor's degree
- Certificate applicants: minimum 5 years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, strong academic background
Award summary and conditions: Each year, Rotary selects individuals from around the world to receive fully funded academic fellowships at one of the peace centers. These fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship/field study expenses.
There are two types of peace fellowships are available:
Master's degree: An opportunity for master's degree fellowships at premier universities in fields related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention. Programs last 15-24 months and require a practical internship of 2-3 months during the academic break. Each year, Rotary selects up to 50 master's fellowships from these institutions:
- Duke University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, US
- International Christian University, Japan
- University of Bradford, UK
- University of Queensland, Australia
- Uppsala University, Sweden
Professional development certificate: For experienced professionals working in peace-related fields who want to enhance their professional skills, a three-month program in peace and conflict prevention and resolution at Chulalongkorn University in Thailand. This program incorporates two to three weeks of field study. Up to 50 certificates are awarded each year.
Application process: online (www.rotary.org/myrotary/en/get-involved/exchange-ideas/peace-fellowships)
- Online application form
- Application essays
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Recommendation forms (2)
- Transcripts (Master's degree applicants only)
- Test scores: TOEFL/IELTS/GRE (Master's degree applicants only)
Faculty representative: Keith Raether