Application period: September 1, 2021 to January 31, 2022 (8:59 p.m. PT)
- U.S. citizen
- Full-time status as a college sophomore at an accredited college or university within the United States or U.S. territories
- Cumulative and semester/quarter GPA of 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale) in all completed undergraduate courses and in the major field of study
- Majoring in biological, social and physical sciences; mathematics; engineering; computer and information sciences; and teacher education.
Award summary: The Hollings Scholarship Program provides awards that include academic assistance (up to a maximum of $9,500 per year) for two years of full-time study; a 10-week, full-time internship position ($700/week) during the summer at a NOAA facility. The internship provides the Scholars with "hands-on"/ practical educational training experience in NOAA-related science, research, technology, policy, management, and education activities. Awards also include travel funds to attend a mandatory NOAA Scholarship Program orientation, conferences where students present their research, and a housing subsidy for scholars who do not reside at home during the summer internship.
Application process: online
- Application form: https://oedwebdbapps.iso.noaa.gov/uspa/
- Essay (1)
- Letters of recommendation (2): uploaded into the application
- Official transcript(s): uploaded by applicant
Notification date: First week of April via email
Faculty representative: Keith Raether
Contact: Student Scholarship Programs at: StudentScholarshipPrograms@noaa.gov or (301) 628-2913