Princeton in Latin America Fellowship
Application period: September to November
• U.S. citizens, permanent residents, holders of valid U.S. student visas
• seniors and young alumni
• basic knowledge of host country language*
* Most positions require some knowledge of the regional language (Spanish, Portuguese, French).
Award summary and conditions: Princeton in Latin America partners with non-governmental organizations and community, governmental and multilateral organizations throughout Latin America and the Caribbean. Fellows commit to a full-year service fellowship with PiLA partners. PiLA fellowships are paid positions. Fellows receive a monthly stipend from PiLA or the partner organization, or a combination of the two. Stipends cover housing, food, and local transportation.
Fellows are expected to cover:
• application fee ($100, with reductions available for students receiving financial aid)
• fellowship placement fee, payable on acceptance of fellowship ($500)
• transportation expenses to/from Princeton, New Jersey for orientation (June)
• medical and emergency evacuation insurance
• visa fees
• round-trip airfare to/from Latin America
Note: PiLA will work with all fellows to arrange student loan deferrals and health insurance, and to obtain any necessary visas.
Application process: online
• online application form
• unofficial transcript(s)
• letters of recommendation (2): one academic/professional and one language assessment
• application fee
Faculty representative: Director for Fellowships and Grants