Rangel Graduate Fellowship
Application period: July 29, 2020 to October 14, 2020 (8:59 p.m. PT)
- U.S. citizen
- Senior seeking admission to graduate school
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
Award summary and conditions: The Rangel program is a collaborative effort between Howard University and the U.S. State Department that seeks to prepare young people for careers as diplomats in the Foreign Service of the U.S. Department of State.
The program encourages the application of members of minority groups historically underrepresented in the Foreign Service and applicants with financial need. In this manner, it advances the goal of Secretary Rice and Congressman Rangel to create diverse U.S. Foreign Service that represents the rich range of talents and expertise of the American people.
Application process: online
- Biographical information
- Personal statement (600 words max.)
- Financial aid statement (400 words max.)
- Letters of recommendation (2)*
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (copy of birth certificate, certificate of U.S. citizenship or U.S. passport)
- The Student Aid Report (SAR)
- GRE or GMAT Scores (copy of report sent to student)
- Official Financial Aid Statement from senior year
- Official transcript(s)
*Note: In the online application, applicants will identify recommenders, who will then be contacted by the program and asked to submit letters electronically.
Faculty representative: Keith Raether
National committee interview: In Washington, D.C. In addition to the interview, finalists will be asked to prepare a writing sample.
Announcement date: The program will strive to complete the selection process and make offers to 30 fellows by late November.
Contact information: email@example.com