DAAD University Summer Course Grant
National deadline: TBA- December 2019, 2 p.m. PST
- U.S. or Canadian citizen, or permanent resident
- Sophomore or junior enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree program at an accredited North American college or university
- Foreign nationals are eligible if they have been full-time students at an accredited U.S. or Canadian university for at least one year at the time of application
- Minimum of four semesters of college German or the equivalent proficiency obtained elsewhere
Award summary and conditions: This program provides scholarships to attend a broad range of three- to four-week summer courses at German universities which focus mainly on German language and literary, cultural, political and economic aspects of modern and contemporary Germany. Extensive extracurricular programs complement and reinforce the core material.
Application process: online and hard copy
Application requirements: The application form must be completed online. Recommendation letter must be mailed.
- Completed DAAD application form
- Letter of motivation (in German)
- Curriculum vitae (in German)
- Detailed statement (in English) of approximately 500 words explaining why the applicant wants to attend a University Summer Course.
- Recommendation letter written by a professor in your major field of study. It should not be from the same professor who evaluates your language proficiency. (Mailed in a sealed envelope)
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary studies. (You may open the official transcript to make a photocopy if obtaining two official copies costs you extra)
- DAAD language evaluation form ("Sprachzeugnis"). The language evaluation form is part of the application form and must be completed and signed by a faculty member of the German Department at the applicant's institution or by an official of a Goethe-Institut.
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
871 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
Faculty representative: Keith Raether