National deadline: November 1, 2018
- Well defined research or study project that makes a stay in Scandinavia essential
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Seniors and alumni
- Team projects acceptable (individual application required)
- Language ability preferred in country where study will be done
Award summary and conditions: The American-Scandinavian Foundation (ASF) offers yearlong fellowships (up to $23,000) and one-to-three month grants (up to $5,000) to individuals to pursue research or study in one or more Scandinavian countries. The number of awards varies each year according to available funds. Awards are made in all fields. Priority for fellowships is given to graduate level candidates to support dissertation-related study or research. Applications to the visual arts, music, film, dance, creative writing and translation are welcome. See website for particulars.
Application process: online
- Biographical Information
- Photo I.D.
- Educational & Professional Background (including CV)
- Transcripts for all previous undergraduate and graduate level coursework.
- Project Abstract (150 words max.)
- Project Statement (1,200 words max.)
- Project Budget
- Letters of invitation or affiliation from the institution or individuals detailed in the proposal
- 3 Letters of Recommendation*
- Application Fee $60
*Students list 3 recommenders and their email addresses in their application. The system will then generate an email to each recommender giving them instructions.
Faculty representative: Keith Raether
The American-Scandinavian Foundation
Attn: Fellowship Program
58 Park Avenue New York, NY 10016