Grants and Foundation Relations
Science Outreach Program Engages Elementary Students with STEM Principles
Whitman Receives First Patent for New Lab Tool
Biologist Tracks Evolution Through Study of Monkeyflowers
Assistant Professor Brings Research into the Classroom
Welcome to the Office of Grants & Foundation Relations! Our office is a one-stop shop for grant services for faculty, staff, and the College. Specifically, we:
- Help obtain external support for Whitman College through the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of foundations, corporations, and government agencies for College priorities such as academic programs, student life initiatives, facilities and equipment, or scholarships.
- Help faculty members develop external grant applications to support their individual research and curricular projects.
- Ensure and monitor College and faculty compliance with federal grant regulations and guidelines.
- Provide post-award grants management assistance, including tracking spending, processing payments, and assisting with financial and narrative reports.
Do you want to apply for a grant? Here's how:
- We are eager to help! Make an appointment to chat with us about your general plans or about a specific grant opportunity.
- Fill out the required Proposal Development Form one month before the proposal deadline. This will inform all relevant parties that you intend to apply for a grant, and to obtain approval for your proposal submission.
- If matching funds are required, fill out the Matching Funds Request Form one month before the proposal deadline. The Provost's office may be able to provide some funds if required by a funding agency.
- Work closely with us throughout the proposal preparation process. We help with developing budgets, providing boilerplate institutional information, obtaining internal signatures, editing proposals, and facilitating proposal submission via online systems