Family Leadership Council
The Whitman College Family Leadership Council (FLC) is an opportunity for parents and families of current and past Whitman students to engage with the college through various volunteer opportunities. Parents and families will assist campus offices in engaging other parents, families, and prospective students, and alumni, through events, fundraising, career development and admission outreach.
All members of the Whitman FLC will support the college by:
- Making an annual gift to The Whitman Fund or W Club Athletics
- Participating in one (or more) committee
- Attending FLC meetings on campus (in the fall during Family Weekend and in April) and/or Zoom meetings.
Family Leadership Council Committees:
Philanthropy and Outreach
- Work with the Office of Annual Giving to encourage gifts to The Whitman Fund or W Club
- Athletics from other Whitman parents and families.
- Make phone calls, send emails and/or write hand-written notes to potential donors.
- Promote All In for Whitman, the college’s fall giving initiative.
- Work with the Offices of Admission and Communications to write letters to families of students who have been accepted to Whitman.
- Refer potential applicants to the Admissions team
- Work with the CCEC and the Office of Alumni Relations to participate in Whitties Helping Whitties networking events in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco Bay Area, and Walla Walla.
- Work with your employers/companies to provide recruiting materials and internship opportunities.
Parents and family members should contact email@example.com to learn more!