Our Print Services department is available to assist the campus community with a wide variety of copy and print needs. Our goal is to produce high-quality work on time and at the best price to serve your project or program.
Our projects include business cards, letterhead and envelopes, invitations, notepads, posters, publications, periodicals, flyers, booklets, manuals, banners, T-shirts, promotional items, and more. Many items can be produced on campus. We also work with many vendors to get you the best price for your project.
But first, do you need to create an event poster or other advertising? Please click below.
- Project Management - vendor selection, paper stock options, recycle properties, and more.
- Photocopying - two digital copiers, one B+W, one color, can collate, staple, produce booklets, enlarge images and more.
- Trimming - digital equipment trims business cards, booklet covers, postcards, posters and more to ensure a professional look.
- Saddle Stitching - for booklets.
- Comb Binding - for publications such as reports and manuals. (Spiral binding must be outsourced and requires extra production time.)
- Padding Station - for items such as note pads and carbonless forms.
- Lamination - for protecting such items as name badges, pictures, news clips, etc.
- Plotter - for large documents, posters and banners up to 44 inches wide.
- Paper product inventory - stock of generic letterhead, generic envelopes of assorted sizes, plain white and colored paper, including various levels of recycled content paper.
To Begin a Job
The most critical aspects toward ensuring success of your project are clear communication about your exact needs and allowing ample lead time. Of course there will be "emergency" jobs, and we make every effort to accommodate those projects.
We can provide a cost estimate so you can budget for the expense. Note that most projects that come directly to the print shop do not require design services.
If your project needs to be designed, please contact Ryan Barnes, director of creative services, as your point of entry for a new project consultation.
Giving us your project - You can either hand deliver your project to us, campus mail it, or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When sending us your project, please make sure that a Print Services Job Ticket is completed, and attached. There are fields for every detail of your project. Your complete and accurate job ticket ensures that we can correctly process your project. We can receive projects the following ways: hard copy, PDF document, JPG files, TIF files.
Turn Around Time - For basic printing needs (including posters, business cards and note pads), please allow three days. For booklets and manuals please allow five days. Note - these turnaround times reflect printing only and not design.
Inventoried Items - The inventory includes a wide variety of paper products and specialty items. To purchase any of these items, send an e-mail to email@example.com. Your order will be filled and sent to you via campus mail or you may pick it up at the Boyer House.
It's important to know that...
Equipment failure/break-down can prevent us from completing your work accurately and on time. It's another reason why as much lead time as possible is a best-practice toward success. Frequent and late changes also can delay the production schedule and can lead to errors in the final product. Jobs requiring reprinting or reassembly because of changes or client errors will be the financial responsibility of the requesting department. Some printing options are limited to certain software formats; check in advance to avoid the need to recreate your document.
Need Help? Contact:
Print Production Specialist Richard Anderson