Getting to Whitman College
We’re so excited to see you during your campus visit. Whitman College is conveniently located in the core of Walla Walla, Washington. We are walking distance from downtown, several hotels and many restaurants. We hope that you'll take a moment to get to know our town while you're here! You can find more information about our community, lodging, activities and dining at the Visit Walla Walla website.
Whitman College is served by two airports:
- Walla Walla Regional Airport (ALW) is a five-minute drive from campus. Alaska Airlines provides service to Walla Walla with connections to Seattle/Tacoma (SEATAC). Flight schedule.
- The Tri-Cities Regional Airport (PSC) is about 45 miles west of Walla Walla in Pasco, Washington. Airlines serving Pasco provide flights to and from Seattle/Tacoma, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Salt Lake City, Minneapolis and Denver. Visitors flying in to Pasco can take the Grape Line bus to Walla Walla.
The Walla Walla Valley is served by the Grape Line, which offers three round trips daily between Walla Walla and Pasco, Washington, with stops at Cordiner Hall on the Whitman College campus.
Visitors can connect with the Grape Line at the Tri-Cities Airport in Pasco, the Pasco Intermodal Train Station (Greyhound and Amtrak service) or the Ben Franklin Transit Center. When you make your Grape Line reservation online, you may request the destination of Whitman College - Cordiner Hall.
Learn more and make a reservation at grapeline.us.
Car rental from Hertz or Budget is available at Walla Walla Regional Airport. Reservations are recommended and car pickup is often unavailable outside of normal business hours. Be sure to call ahead for available times.
Taxis also service the airport. You will need to call to arrange pick-up.
- Freddy G's Taxi: 509-386-7636
- A Plus Taxi: 509-386-7388
- James Woodland: 509-730-4670
- Robert Western: 509-520-1131
Valley Transit buses serve Walla Walla. To request a bus pickup from the Walla Walla airport, call Valley Transit at 509-525-9140. Bus route map and hours. The bus is free to ride during the summer, Memorial Day through Labor Day.
All major car rental agencies are located in the terminal at the Tri-Cities Regional Airport. Grape Line offers bus service to Tri-Cities Airport, connecting to Walla Walla's Valley Transit system.
Walla Walla offers a variety of lodging options including locally owned and chain hotels, quaint bed and breakfasts and a thriving inventory of vacation rentals. Some of these options are within walking distance of campus and others offer shuttles to campus or the airport.
A few of our favorites include:
- The Marcus Whitman: 6 W. Rose St. This historic destination is located in downtown Walla Walla with easy access to the freeway and a 10-minute walk through our charming downtown to Whitman College.
- The Finch: 325 E. Main St. This brand new hotel is just blocks from campus and a block from downtown. It has an open-air courtyard with a wood-burning fireplace to make the most of the beautiful Walla Walla evenings.
- The Maxwell House: Boyer Ave. Just a few blocks from campus, the Maxwell House is a charming bed and breakfast located in a recently renovated 100 year old Craftsman home.
You can find a comprehensive list of Walla Walla lodging options as well as restaurants and activities at Visit Walla Walla.
Amtrak and Greyhound service is available to Pasco, Washington, 45 miles west of Walla Walla. The Grape Line bus can take visitors from the Pasco Intermodal Transit Station to Walla Walla. If you book a reservation online, the Grape Line can drop you off on the Whitman campus.
Walla Walla, Washington, is located in the southeast corner of Washington state, near the Oregon border. Major highways that lead to Walla Walla include U.S. 12 and I-125. Boise, Idaho, Seattle and Portland can be reached in less than 5 hours.
When using GPS to locate Whitman College, the college's address is 345 Boyer Avenue. Admission is located in Penrose House. The physical address for Penrose House is 515 Boyer Ave.
There are no parking permits required to park on the Whitman College campus. Visitors are welcome to park in any of our campus lots or wherever street parking is permitted.