Network Account Policy
The computer and networking resources are the property of Whitman College. Every student, faculty, and staff is entitled to an account to access those resources. The account is for the exclusive use of the user who is assigned the account and password. Lending of an account to another person is not permitted, and is considered to be a violation of College policy and may result in disciplinary action.
The Whitman College “Acceptable Use Policy” describes limitations on the usage of accounts.
Suspension of Accounts
The Whitman College “Acceptable Use Policy” describes those actions that may lead to suspension of accounts.
Upon Leaving the College
- Graduating students have access to their accounts for one year after graduation. Extensions beyond the one-year period will not customarily be granted.
- Students who leave the institution without graduating (e.g., transfer, dismissal, etc.) will have access to their accounts for one month following the termination of their relationship with the College. Students on leave of absence (including study abroad) will have their accounts retained.
- Faculty or staff who permanently retire may keep their account for life.
- Faculty who leave the College for other reasons will have access to their accounts for six months following the termination of their relationship with the College. If a longer period is desired, contact the Chief Information Officer.
- Staff who leave the College for other reasons will be evaluated on an individual basis. Generally, staff accounts will terminate immediately.
Approved by the Whitman Faculty - May 19, 2000