SFBC Minutes - March 13, 2014
Members present: Chris Bishop, Sherrie Kamara, Maggi Banderas, Claudia Ness
Members absent: Stacey Giusti, Deb Wright, Jeff Donahue, Chris Tarvin
Telara McCullough, Manager of Compensation and Benefits Human Resources
The SFBC invited Telara to talk about new employee sessions and benefits in general. It was a good reminder to us that we sometimes are not aware of some benefits and forget we have others.
- Telara explained that in September she has a session for new faculty to review and talk about benefits in a large group.
- Since staff is hired as needed she meets with each person individually.
- One of our benefits is TIAA CREF. Telara would like to try a classroom setting for multiple people to review opportunities, retirement savings account, using online services...? TIAA CREF comes twice a year? They schedule individual appointments that fill up quickly. It might be more useful for some to have the classroom setting with targeted information. A second workshop is scheduled April 22-23, they need 10 people to confirm. She plans to do a survey monkey after this workshop for more ideas.
- The committee felt we could help pass the message about the TIAA CREF session. We also suggested the fountain and presenting to the President's round table group. She could then follow up on any invites from managers after that meeting.
- Other benefits to be aware of EAP Employee Assistance Program, for short term counseling or referrals.
- Travel protection services. The April meeting is pending until the meeting with Sally Borman is confirmed. She will update us on Whitman's status and any upcoming changes.
Next meeting: The April meeting is pending until the meeting with Sally Borman is confirmed. She will update us on Whitman's status and any upcoming changes.
Minutes recorded by Sherrie Kamara
Staff Fringe Benefits