About The Counseling Center
Short-term personal and psychological counseling by licensed professional counselors are available to all students. Counselors assist individuals and groups with personal and academic concerns, career choices, interpersonal relationships, and other areas of concern or interest. A number of personal growth opportunities are offered, including workshops and programs on a large variety of mental health and personal growth topics. A professionally supervised peer counseling program is also available on campus. All counseling is completely confidential.
The Counseling Center provides:
- Individual Short-term counseling for students experiencing stress, depression, homesickness, family and relationship problems, eating disorders, loneliness, sexual assault and harassment, questions regarding sexual orientation, and problems with alcohol and drugs.
- Group counseling Groups are frequently offered to deal with, women's sexuality, body image and food issues, and other areas of concern.
- Workshops on topics such as self-esteem, hypnosis, body image, and communication.
- A resource library of self-help books, handouts, audio and videotapes available for check out.
- Consultation with students, faculty, and staff when they are concerned about emotional and behavioral problems.
- Referrals to community resources - psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors and other therapeutic programs.
- Intake and drop-in hours are as follows:
- Monday 1-3 pm
- Tuesday 1-3 pm
- Wednesday 9-11 am
- Thursday 9-11 am