Whitman College Flood Response Plan
This plan is designed to operate as a component of the Emergency Management Plan (EMP) for Whitman College.
In the event of potential flooding which may threaten the City of Walla Walla, the Walla Walla Emergency Alert Program will provide timely notification to Whitman Security.
- Notify the Emergency Operations Group (see EMP)
- Notify Residence Life and Housing
- Notify Physical Plant
- Notify Penrose Library
- Notify Sheehan Gallery
- Stand by to provide services as specified within the EMP
Emergency Operations Group
- Assess the available information and activate the Emergency Management Plan, as needed
- If activated, conduct campus operations in accordance with the Emergency Management Plan
- Allocate resources to units requesting assistance
- Provide timely updates to the Emergency Policy Group
Emergency Policy Group
- Provide direction regarding campus closure and/or evacuation, and return to normal operations
- Inform campus constituents and other stakeholders of campus conditions and status
In the event of impending flooding and as time and circumstances allow, unit personnel will move endangered high-value materials to upper floors within their respective buildings. Physical Plant will operate building systems to mitigate structural damage, and will assist units moving their materials to upper floors as time and resources allow.