What to Know About Admitted Student Days
- What is the schedule for the day?
- How do I register for an Admitted Student Day?
- How do I know what classes are available on a specific day?
- Will my guests be able to attend the same activities as I do?
- What kinds of activities are available in the afternoon?
- What COVID-19 safety precautions are in place?
- How do I travel to Walla Walla? Where should I stay?
- Can you recommend some places to eat?
- What if I can’t visit on an Admitted Student Day?
- Who should I contact if I have questions?
What is the schedule for the day?
You’ll arrive between 8-8:30 a.m., depending on the class you choose to attend.
Your program for the day includes:
- A campus tour with a current student
- A class with a Whitman professor
- An overview of residence halls led by a Resident Assistant
- Brunch from Cleveland Commons—our treat!
- Several optional afternoon sessions to experience Whitman
The day’s programming will conclude at approximately 2 p.m.
How do I register for an Admitted Student Day?
We are offering three Admitted Student Days on Saturdays in April 2022: April 2, April 9 and April 23. Use our registration form to sign up. On the calendar form, select a green square for the day you want to register. When you select the square an “Admitted Student Day” link will appear below the calendar. Follow that link and the instructions to register.
Note: This is where you’ll be able to see the different options for start times, classes and afternoon activities.
How do I know what activities are available on a specific day?
Each Admitted Student Day offers a different range of activities. To see which specific options are available on a particular day, you’ll need to enter that day’s registration page. You can always go back to check out the options on another day.
Will my guests be able to attend the same activities as I do?
Yes, for the most part. However, during the class activities and the resident life tours, parents and other guests will have programming geared specifically toward them. Schedules for students and guests will be provided at check-in for the Admitted Student Day.
What kinds of activities are available in the afternoon?
We have some pretty great options lined up. For instance, you might choose from:
- A Campus Resource Fair
- Tours of Whitman’s Harper Joy Theatre or the Hall of Music
- Outdoor Program experiences, such as Disc Golf, GeoCaching or a Big Tree Walk
What COVID-19 safety precautions are in place?
All visitors must be fully vaccinated—including boosted, if eligible—and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. A photo, photocopy or digital copy of your vaccination card is sufficient.
How do I travel to Walla Walla? Where should I stay?
Walla Walla has an airport with multiple flights to and from Seattle daily, and nearby Pasco has additional flight options. We are also fortunate to have multiple hotels, motels, vacation rentals, and bed and breakfasts within walking distance of Whitman’s campus. Find more resources to help you plan your trip.
Can you recommend some places to eat?
Walla Walla has an impressive culinary scene, with quality coffee shops, sandwich shops, casual dining and fine dining options. Explore local dining options— and here are our students’ top choices! Dining options will be dependent on current COVID-19 restrictions and safety protocols.
What if I can’t visit on an Admitted Student Day?
Whitman offers individual campus visits Monday-Saturday. For those visits, options include a campus tour, an information session with an Admission Officer, a class visit and a meal with one of our current students. Class visits aren’t available on Saturday. See other options for visiting Whitman.
Who should I contact if I have questions?
Send an email to email@example.com or call 509-527-5176.