280 Boyer Ave
Walla Walla, WA 99362
We connect Whitman students and alumni to the communities and experiences that help them cultivate their futures. Since 2010, we've helped members of the Whitman family volunteer, find internships, secure jobs, change careers, and chase the myriad dreams available to liberal arts students and graduates. Read about our origin and all the SEC programs.
Whitman Community Fellow student applications are NOW LIVE on Handshake!
The 2019-20 Community Fellow partners have been selected and Fellow positions are now available on Handshake! Juniors and Seniors, if you are interested in applying to be a fellow, applications will close by September 9, 2019 (dates may vary based on organization).
Here is the list of partners linked to their Fellow job description:
- Blue Mountain Land Trust - Education & Community Engagement Fellow
- Blue Mountain Action Council - Census 2020 Program Assistant
- United Way of the Blue Mountains - Program Coordinator
- Blue Mountain Humane Society - Subsidized Services Support Fellow
- Mercy Corps Northwest - Mentorship & Education Fellow
- Sustainable Living Center - Food Focus Event Program Coordinator
- Pioneer United Methodist Church - Community-Based Home Repair & Maintenance Coordinator
- Walla Walla County Department of Community Health - Healthy Eating, Active Living Fellow
- Walla Walla County Department of Court Services, JJC - JJC Youth Engagement Services Assistant
- YWCA Walla Walla - Notes From the Road Coordinator
- Central Washington Justice for our Neighbors - Outreach, Program and Office Assistant
- Walla Walla Symphony - Program Assistant
- Blue Mountain Heart to Heart - Health Policy Fellow
Find thousands of jobs. Not sure where to begin? Handshake can help!
Search and apply for part-time jobs, internships, and full-time career opportunities using Handshake, a resource for students and alumni. Find positions on- and off-campus, as well as explore opportunities around the country or even world! Schedule a one-on-one appointment with a member of our professional staff on Handshake for assistance or guidance as you prepare for your life after Whitman.
Seeking on-campus employment for next semester? Check out these resources!
Click here for a master list of on-campus jobs, and here for general information regarding on-campus employment for students. If you have questions about on-campus employment or want help applying to one of these positions, feel free to send us an email, make an appointment on Handshake, or to visit us in Reid 219.
Wondering how your liberal arts degree will transition into a future career? Our Four Phase Plan can help as you start planning your next steps
Designed to help guide your career and professional development over your four years at Whitman, this plan will help you navigate the resources provided by the Student Engagement Center no matter where you are in the process. Whether you're a first year already looking for an internship or a senior who hasn't had a resume review since high school, there is no time like the present to discover the resources available to you.
Check out the SEC Blog and Instagram page!
Stay up-to-date with the latest happenings from the SEC office and your fellow students (including posts about their cool summer internships!) on the official SEC blog, or by following us on Instagram!
SEC Recruiting Events
Check Handshake regularly for details on organizations that are hosting virtual and/or on-campus info sessions and recruiting opportunities.