During this ever changing and confusing time the Welty Student Health Center is changing its model of patient care delivery.
For the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester, the Health Center is making the following changes in order to deliver basic health care services, yet minimize infectious exposure to students, student workers and nursing staff.
All nursing and physician visits will be scheduled, no walk-in visits.
- If you are sick or injured and it is not an emergency call the Health Center at 509-527-5281 for a nurse consult. The nurse will make an appointment or advise you of appropriate next steps.
- Regular nursing hours will be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Medical provider hours will be 9-10 a.m. daily.
- Call the Health Center to transfer medical care or prescriptions to home or local providers as needed.
- No overnight stays will be permitted.
If you are concerned regarding COVID-19 please refer to the college's coronavirus website.
What will stay the same:
- Antigen treatments
- Lab testing, including UTI, pregnancy, blood draws and STD testing
- Routine transports
- Sexual health care, physical exams and vaccine administration
The outside doors will be locked. A staff member will greet you in the entry way to check your temperature before you can enter the building.
Acute respiratory illness such as complicated cold, cough with fever or difficulty breathing will be referred to a higher level of care. These include: Walla Walla Clinic Walk-in clinic (509-525-3720) Providence Urgent Care (509-897-3000) or Providence St. Mary Emergency Department (509-897-2500).
Virtual Health Care Visits
If you're sick but don't want to travel to the doctor's office, a Virtual Visit lets you speak with a health care provider online over a live video chat using your computer's camera and microphone.
Check with your health insurance plan to see if they have a preferred virtual health care provider. Many plans have this option at no or low cost. Many plans also have a telenurse option available for advice.
Providence Virtual Appointments (with a health care provider): https://virtual.providence.org/
- $49 or less per visit. Many insurances cover at no cost.
- Live video with a certified provider
- Available seven days a week, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Access through your smart phone or computer
Virtual Clinic through the University of Washington: https://www.uwmedicine.org/services/virtual-clinic
- Available 24/7, 365 days a year
- UW Medicine is temporarily waiving the $35 fee for a virtual doctor visit. You can receive an evaluation by a board-certified physician for illnesses and injuries from home.
- The UW Medicine Virtual Clinic is available to people of all ages, from anywhere in the .US. You do not have to be a UW Medicine patient to use the clinic.