Rhetoric, Writing and Public Discourse students will learn to:
- Describe and engage central questions and concerns that have shaped the field of rhetoric, and effectively engage core rhetorical concepts and theories.
- Critically analyze public discourse as it is shaped by composition, audience, genre, rhetorical situation, and systemic power dynamics.
- Create messages which are shaped by communicative goals and responsive to audience, context, and ethical engagement with difference.
- Understand and practice written and oral communication as recursive processes.
- Create written and oral arguments that use clear evidence to support specific claims.
Rhetoric, Writing & Public Discourse