Dan Park, Director
Whitman College possesses one of the most beautiful college campuses in the nation. Our 55 acres are host to a meandering creek, two ponds, a walking sculpture tour, and hundreds of trees, many of which are state and national champions. Our physical plant includes more than 1,000,000 square-feet of floor space in classrooms, residence halls, practice spaces, performing arts venues, and offices.
The Physical Plant Department, with headquarters on Penrose Avenue north of Isaacs, is responsible for keeping this "small city" working efficiently — from cutting the grass to fixing the heating system… painting the walls to vacuuming the residence halls, and repairing vehicles. Physical Plant personnel contribute to the mission of the College by doing their jobs in a courteous, helpful, and professional manner.
• Academic Custodial
• Residential Life Custodial
• Landscape Maintenance and Motor Pool
• Rental Properties
• Construction Project Manager
• Key Request Form (requires Faculty or Staff login)
• Create a service request online
During the academic year and throughout the summer, the Physical Plant regularly employs students in various positions. These jobs usually require from 1 to 20 hours per week during the academic year, and may be full-time during the summer. For more information, call the Physical Plant at 509-527-5999 or the Human Resources Offices (509) 527-5172.
804 Penrose Ave.
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Who to Call
During non-business hours, a Physical Plant staff member is always on-call for emergencies.
- Daytime emergency anywhere on campus: x5999
- After-hours emergency: Security at x5777
- Non-emergency work order: Create a service request online
- Reserve a vehicle, call Laurie Doohan at x5925, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or make a reservation online (Internet Explorer is preferred for this website). First-time users should call Laurie Doohan to receive their Login ID and Password.
- Residence hall work order: Residence Life at x5297
- Lock shop email: email@example.com
Fax: (509) 527-4961
Supporting the academic mission of the College by providing a physical environment conducive to learning and living.