In keeping with state and local regulations, in-person events and campus visits have been canceled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Until we are able to offer visits again, we hope you will spend some time checking out our virtual tours and other parts of our website.
Due to coronavirus-related restrictions on public gatherings, we are pleased to offer virtual information sessions to interested students and families.
Get a feel for all that Whitman has to offer and submit your own questions to an admission officer via chatbox during the presentation. Both students and their families are welcome to join! Register for your session today.
Our traditional in-person Admitted Students Day event for spring 2020 is canceled. However, we are moving the event online and will be hosting a virtual Admitted Students Week April 4-10. For more information, check out our Welcome Class of 2024 page.
Enrollment deposits are due by May 1. However, Whitman has made a commitment to being flexible and understanding in these times of uncertainty. If you need more time to make your decision, please be in touch with your admission officer or send an email to email@example.com.
Yes. We understand that students may be rethinking their college options in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are being flexible with our admission deadlines and are allowing late applications. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a late application.
Whitman College intends to reopen in the fall with in-person instruction on campus in Walla Walla. However, if we are unable to resume in-person learning due to restrictions placed on the college by local state or federal officials, the college is committed to making the deferral process as straightforward and flexible as possible for students admitted for the fall 2020 entering class.
During this time of uncertainty, we want to offer future Whitties as many options as possible regarding when and how their Whitman experience begins. What this means is:
- Whitman will grant all deferral requests from students admitted for the fall 2020 semester.
- Whitman will allow deferral requests until the fall semester begins. While we prefer to know about a student’s intent to defer admission as early as possible so that we can plan accordingly, this year we will continue approving deferral requests until the fall semester begins.
- Whitman will allow students to defer enrollment for less than a full year. For example, Whitman will allow deferral to the Spring 2021 semester.
- If Whitman’s campus is open, but a student is unable to be physically on campus due to travel restrictions or underlying health concerns, we will work with them to determine the start date and experience that makes the most sense for them, including exploring the possibility for remote coursework for a period of time prior to arriving physically on campus.
- If a student’s deferral plans change, Whitman will allow updates to the deferral term. For example, if a student initially requests and receives approval to defer admission to fall 2021 and then realizes they would prefer to enroll for spring 2021, we would allow that change.
No matter when a student enrolls, Whitman College is committed to offering an orientation program and first semester experience that fully integrates students into the life of campus.
If your family’s financial situation has changed and you did not initially apply for need-based financial aid, it’s not too late. You can submit your FAFSA and CSS profile and our Financial Aid Office will be happy to review your financial aid application. If you have already submitted those forms and would like us to take new information into account, give us a call at 509-527-5178 or send us an email at email@example.com.
While Whitman staff members are working remotely, our offices continue to operate. You can contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-527-5176 or reach out directly to your admission officer. If you would like to talk to a faculty member, staff or current student, we can connect you with someone to answer your questions!