Internal deadline: September 2, 2019
National deadline: October 2, 2019, 08:59 PM PT
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident on April 15 in the year of application
- DACA students
- Minimum GPA of 3.7
- Students attending colleges/universities in the U.S. and U.S. territories
- At least 18 but not yet 24 years of age on October 1 in the year of application
- Bachelor's degree before October 1 in the year of application
Award summary and conditions: The Rhodes Scholarships are the oldest and most celebrated international fellowship awards in the world. Each year 32 young Americans are selected as Rhodes Scholars, through a decentralized process representing the 50 states and the District of Colombia. Applicants from more than 320 American colleges and universities have been selected as Rhodes Scholars. In addition, four newly expanded Rhodes Scholarships in Singapore, East Africa and two Global. In most years, even after a century of competition, a Rhodes Scholar is selected from an institution which has not formerly supplied a successful applicant.
The Rhodes Scholarship covers the costs of all tuition fees (such as matriculation, tuition, and certain other set charges), as well as a maintenance stipend (except for those receiving fourth-year fees) of not less than £12,300 per annum paid directly to the Scholar in installments during the term of the Scholarship. The Rhodes Trust will assist successful candidates with their traveling expenses to and from Oxford.
Application process: online
- Application form
- Proof of citizenship or lawful permanent resident status
- Official transcript(s)
- List of principal activities
- Passport-sized photograph
- Letters of recommendation (5-8). Letters are submitted electronically through the online Embark application system). Recommenders will receive an email prompt to upload their letters after the applicant registers them.
- Institutional endorsement (submitted electronically through the online Embark system). The institutional endorser will receive a prompt to upload their letter after the applicant registers their email address. The email address to use is: email@example.com
- Personal statement not exceeding 1000 words which must be certified by the applicant as wholly truthful and his or her own work
Faculty Representative: Keith Raether
Internal nomination required: Yes
National committee interview: Yes
Announcement date: Shortly after the interview dates
Contact information: http://www.rhodesscholar.org/