Whitman Events Board Learning Outcomes
Students serving as Directors, Coordinators or the Chair for the Whitman Events Board will learn to:
• Work effectively with others to formulate both specific event goals and broad organization goals.
• Employ delegation as a means to involve group members.
• Understand and utilize the skill set of group members to accomplish group goals.
• Provide information and design opportunities for group members to develop new skills.
Communication & Collaboration
• Speak and write in a clear, direct, and constructive manner.
• Articulate relevant information to various constituent groups.
• Correspond professionally with others (i.e. artists/agents, campus offices, cosponsoring groups, etc.) to organize logistics related to specific programs or events.
Problem Solving & Critical Thinking
• Diagnose problems, generate and choose between multiple solutions, and evaluate outcome.
• Use discretion when dealing with liability, suitability, or matters of confidentiality.
• Recognize the importance of and actively seek contributions from those with differing perspectives.
• Appropriately challenge the unfair, unjust, or uncivil behavior of other individuals or groups.
• Generate programs that engage students around topics of diversity, cultural difference, and global citizenship.
Self-Management & Appraisal
• Maintain personal health and wellness.
• Prioritize commitments and employ time management skills to maintain balance between academic work, extra-curricular activities, personal time, etc.
• Articulate personal skills, abilities, and areas for growth.
• Reflect upon and provide analysis of personal development and learning.
• Assess and respond to programmatic interests or needs of the student body.
• Identify all aspects of planning an event and complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Develop, implement, monitor, and make adjustments to program budget based on funding.
• Use standardized documentation forms to maintain accurate and thorough records.
(The WEB Learning Outcomes document can be downloaded here)
Last updated 6.21.2010