Assets refer to files that can be added to a page or component, such as an image or video file, or documents like pdfs. They also refer to the folders containing pages or images, videos, pdfs, etc.
Ingeniux contains a server where all assets are stored. These assets can be used by the Whitman website and the image links won't change.
Assets must be Published before they will live on the website live. If an asset is not displaying on the website after a page or compoent has been published, check to see if the asset has been published.
Never use spaces or special characters in filenames, as different web browsers and operating systems can interpret spaces differently which can lead to problems. The Web Team recommends using Dashes (-) or Underlines (_) between words. This applies to any and all files uploaded to the assets manager.
Steps to add an asset to Ingeniux
1. Click the "Assets" button on the top toolbar.
2. Navigate to the folder for your section where you would like to add the asset/s.
3. Click the "Create new Asset" button in the middle toolbar.
1. Drag the asset to be uploaded into the indicated area.
2. Click the "Upload" button.
1. Navigate to the asset in the site tree.
2. Right-click the asset and select "Check In".
- Right-click the asset and select "Mark/Unmark for Publish".
- Check the "Mark for Publish" option associated with the "Live *" field.
- Click the "Okay" button.
1. Right-click the asset and select "Publish".
2. The pop-up modal window currently needs to be clicked on to display the necessary information. (click on the blue portion at the top of the pop-up modal window)
1. The pop-up modal window currently needs to be clicked on to display the necessary information. (click on the blue portion at the top of the pop-up modal window)
1. Select the Live Publishing Target.
2. Click on the "Incremental" Button.
1.Click on the "Close" button.
The asset is now ready to be added to a page or component.