Hashtags are words or phrases proceeded by a # sign that are used to indicate that a social media post is about a certain topic. Hashtags make it easier for people to find posts about a particular topic.
Some of the hashtags that are commonly used, either by Whitman social media accounts or to talk about Whitman, are:
- Posts related to alumni accomplishments and their post-graduation life/work experiences.
- Used to cheer on our Whitman College Athletics sports teams.
- When discussing the benefits or qualities of a liberal arts education.
- To refer to a Whitman class as a whole or an individual of that class, for example, #Whitman2018.
- When posting about a Whitman Off-Campus Studies experience.
- Typically used by a non-Whitman social media account to refer to Whitman College.
- For posts related to Whitman's commencement ceremony.
- #WhitmanWell #100HappyDays
- Used to tag posts for the Whitman Well challenge.