Fall 2015 Registration Information for Returning Students
- All students must complete Student Check-in by Friday, September 11, 2015.
- Adviser Clearance is not required to complete Student Check-in.
- Begins Tuesday, August 25, 2015.
To complete Student Check-in:
- Access the student portal (my.whitman.edu/students)
- Select "confirm attendance."
*Remember: Student Check-in must be completed by Friday, September 11, 2015.
To clear any additional holds:
- Access the student portal (my.whitman.edu/students).
- Select "open" next to the hold and follow the directions provided. Once a hold is cleared it will disappear.
- Provide Emergency Contact Information. Please provide a number where you wish to receive campus alert information and emergency contact information.
- Financial Responsibility. You will be asked to agree to the Financial Responsibility statement.
- Contact the appropriate office to obtain clearance if needed. Contact information is as follows:
- Business Office: Located in Mem 233 (x5143)
- Health Center: Located at 11 Merriam St. (x5281)
- Financial Aid: Located in Mem 123 (x5178)
- Registrar's Office: Located in Mem 212 (x5983)
Do you wish to add or drop a course?
- Obtain adviser clearance. Adviser clearance is required to add or drop a course.
- Access the "Registration" tab in the student portal (my.whitman.edu/students).
- Add/drop appointment times for Monday, August 31, 2015 are listed below. Students will be allowed access to add/drop at the appointment time for their class and will continue to have access during the entire add/drop period.
Class of 2016 start at 8:00 am
Class of 2017 start at 12:30 pm
Class of 2018 start at 4:00 pm
To add a class:
- Add the course to your Course Wishlist using the "Search and Add Courses" link, or if your wishlist is empty, you will select the "Add a Course" link.
- When you have selected the course, click "Add to Wishlist" at the top of the page.
- Use the "+" action button to add it to your schedule.
- Click on "Apply Changes" and the course will be added to your schedule.
To drop a class:
- Remember: it is important that you verify that a replacement course is open before dropping a course from your schedule. If you drop a course that is closed (full) you will not be able to re-add the course unless you have electronic instructor consent.
- Select the "˗" action button of the class you wish to drop from your schedule.
- Select "Apply Changes" and the course will be dropped from your schedule.
- Verify your schedule in the "Current Schedule" section to ensure your schedule is correct.
Interested in academic overload?
- Academic overload is exceeding 18 academic credits. (Activity credits do not count toward academic overload).
- Academic Overload Approval. You will need to obtain approval for academic overload. See below requirements for completing the approval process.
Requirements to enroll in an academic overload are as follows:
- Students must have a 3.50 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Students must have a 3.50 or higher previous semester's GPA in courses completed at Whitman.
- Students must obtain signatures from their adviser and their previous semester's instructors at Whitman using the Academic Overload Form, available in the Registrar's Office or online at: https://www.whitman.edu/offices-and-services/registrar/services-for-students-and-alumni/forms
- Students must submit the Academic Overload form to the Registrar's Office for final approval.
- Requests for more than 18 academic credits that do not meet the above criteria, or those requesting more than 22 academic credits, will be reviewed by the Board of Review. Approval will be granted only in truly exceptional circumstances in which there is crucial need to take an academic overload (such as the need to graduate).
- You may contact the Registrar's Office through a Live Chat option. This will be available from August 31, 2015 through September 11, 2015 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. Live Chat will be located at the bottom right of the registration screen in the portal.
- Students may also call us at x5983, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit Memorial 212.
- Classes begin Tuesday, September 1, 2015
- Arranged classes - First meeting will be at 12:30 pm, Wednesday, September 2, in the office of the instructor.