Please submit your application to the Office of the Provost and Dean of the Faculty, c/o Qi "Chee" Jia (email@example.com) as an e-mail attachment.
NOTE: Although the Office of the Provost and Dean of the Faculty makes funds available for conference and thesis travel, excused absences cannot be granted for class missed due to thesis or conference participation. It is the responsibility of the student to make arrangements with their professor(s). We typically will not support travel if the student will miss more than three consecutive days of class.
- The student must be enrolled at Whitman College at the time of the event.
- Confirmation that your research has been accepted for presentation is required.
- Maximum available funding for student conference travel is $1,200.
- The travel must be related to the student’s thesis work.
- A letter of support from your advisor is required.
- Maximum available funding for student thesis travel is $400.
Eligible student research costs:
- Registration Fees & Membership Dues – If the combined cost of the membership and registration is less than the basic registration fee, it is expected that you will apply for membership.
No reimbursement will be made for food or meals with the exception of those included in the registration.
Original receipts must be provided for ALL reimbursement requests.
The Travel Reimbursement Form should be used to detail your expenditures and to request reimbursement. All requests for reimbursement should be reported in US currency. In order to accurately determine availability of funding, please submit receipts within 30 days of the completion of your travel.