International Students & Non-U.S. Citizens

  • International students and non-U.S. citizens planning to study abroad should contact the embassy or consulate of their home country in the US and the consulates or embassies of the countries where they will be traveling to find out which documents will be needed.
  • Intercultural Center Assistant Director Jennifer Lopez, or 509-522-4410, should be contacted as soon as the student is accepted to their program to find out what steps need to be taken to ensure smooth exit and re-entry into the U.S. 
  • It is extremely important for international students at Whitman to obtain current signatures on their Form I-20/DS-2019. Failure to do so may result in refusal of permission to enter the foreign country and/or to re-enter the U.S.